Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » 4DIAC - Framework for Distributed Industrial Automation and Control » 4Diac CAN Connection between two FORTE-PC
4Diac CAN Connection between two FORTE-PC [message #1793049] Mon, 30 July 2018 05:34 Go to next message
Fabian Paule is currently offline Fabian PauleFriend
Hello to all,
I'm testing 4Diac since a few days, and I've built a Program with Ethernet Connection.
That means two Forte-PC's in one Network, if I press a button on the first one, a led lights up on the second one. index.php/fa/33530/0/ (this is the 4Diac program).
Now my questions:
I want to get the same results but over CAN-Bus. Is it wright, that I can use the same "schematic" as in my Ethernet program and what do I have to write at the ID-Pins?
  • Attachment: 4Diac.png
    (Size: 119.03KB, Downloaded 423 times)
Re: 4Diac CAN Connection between two FORTE-PC [message #1793083 is a reply to message #1793049] Mon, 30 July 2018 19:51 Go to previous message
Alois Zoitl is currently offline Alois ZoitlFriend

hi,

for that you would need to write a CAN driver for FORTE. FORTE has a very flexible communication architecture allowing you to easily expand the supported protocol. Please have a look into the communication development documentation on our web-page for that. But with that you can have the same FB network and just change the paramters of teh publish and subscribe blocks to switch between netowrks.

Similar for the IOs you also need to write a driver. Unfortunately we don yet have good docs for that. You can have a look at the code in the sysfs model for getting started with a very simple IO driver.

Cheers,
Alois

Previous Topic: Forte Runtime for a PLC
Next Topic:Is there anyway to start the 4DIAC application automatically on raspberry?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 03:23:42 GMT 2024