Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Add columns to the table based on the data set query result
Add columns to the table based on the data set query result [message #1792804] Tue, 24 July 2018 09:36
Anna Astralis is currently offline Anna AstralisFriend
I am trying to build a report that displays a table with variable number of columns and content.
I have myTable that is connected to a dataSet
1. In beforeFactory I call SQL function that returns a query for my data (I am doing this using a different data set - just for this purpose).
2. In beforeOpen of my dataSet, I set returned query as a querytext for this dataSet.
3. In afterOpen, I set result' s metadata to global variable so they could be later used.
4. In onCreate of myTable I read the metadata and iterate over them, so to create columns and binding of the table.
Though it appears to be too late - even though the column number and names are correct in the metadata, myTable columns are not created.

I tried to move the code to tables's onPrepare, but then my metadata is empty as dataSet opening is only triggered after onPrepare.

Any clues, how could I modify the table columns based on the underlying dataSet results?
Previous Topic:Birt Conditional Page Break
Next Topic:BIrt modification
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 00:19:24 GMT 2024