Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » P2 » Download eclipse plugins from update site with out eclipse command line(Download eclipse plugins from update site with out eclipse command line)
Download eclipse plugins from update site with out eclipse command line [message #1792555] Thu, 19 July 2018 13:36 Go to next message
Raju Mising name is currently offline Raju Mising nameFriend
Hi,

can i download eclipse plugins from update site with out eclipse.exe/eclipse in command line

am able to download plugins with eclipse.exe/eclipse below command: eclipse -application org.eclipse.equinox.p2.artifact.repository.mirrorApplication -source $1 -destination $2

Regards,
Raju

[Updated on: Thu, 19 July 2018 13:37]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Download eclipse plugins from update site with out eclipse command line [message #1792561 is a reply to message #1792555] Thu, 19 July 2018 14:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
You could download the artifacts.xml/artifacts.jar/artifacts.xml.xz, which describe the different binary artifacts available, and then process them to identify the different artifact files.

What are you trying to do?

Brian.
Re: Download eclipse plugins from update site with out eclipse command line [message #1792600 is a reply to message #1792561] Fri, 20 July 2018 06:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Brian,

Thanks for the replay.

we have a cloud machine. where i want to place my latest plug-ins. all consumers will download from cloud machine and place it in dropins folder.
want to download plugins using hot-fix url(download.xxxxx.site.xml) and place it in cloud machine.

Regards,
Raju
Re: Download eclipse plugins from update site with out eclipse command line [message #1792647 is a reply to message #1792600] Fri, 20 July 2018 13:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Why not just use p2 and the normal check for updates mechanism?
Re: Download eclipse plugins from update site with out eclipse command line [message #1792822 is a reply to message #1792647] Tue, 24 July 2018 13:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Brian,

my cloud machine doesn't contain eclipse . checking for the script to download plugins given update site url.
Re: Download eclipse plugins from update site with out eclipse command line [message #1792823 is a reply to message #1792822] Tue, 24 July 2018 13:41 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
Quote:

all consumers will download from cloud machine and place it in dropins folder.
want to download plugins using hot-fix url(download.xxxxx.site.xml) and place it in cloud machine

So you produce a build on your development box. You want a way to push that site to your cloud machine. Your consumers will download this update from the cloud machine.

If I have that right, then p2 is the recommended approach. p2 doesn't require a smart-server -- it just downloads files via normal HTTP. p2 downloads associated metadata (contents.xml and artifacts.xml), which describe the contents of the site, and then reconciles against its current installation to determine which plugins and features should be downloaded and installed.

Alternatively you can do what I describe in my first answer.

If I misunderstood, please clarify how your setup works.

Brian.
Previous Topic:authentication
Next Topic:Cannot open Eclipse Marketplace
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 13:59:00 GMT 2024