Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » Git hooks not working(Problem using Git hooks)
Git hooks not working [message #1792516] Wed, 18 July 2018 20:42 Go to next message
Jochen Wiedmann is currently offline Jochen WiedmannFriend
Hi,

I am using Eclipse Photon, with EGit/JGit 5.1.0, included. One of my project is equipped with several Git hooks. These hooks are working fine with"Git for Windows", or TortoiseGit (the latter is possibly not surprising, as it is internally using the former).

I have CygWin installed, and the CygWin directory /usr/bin is in my PATH. So, according to this forum post, I'd expect Git hooks to work within EGit.

However, I do not notice any output from my pre-push Hook, although I know that there will be output if the hook is running. Should there be any? Or is there some logging, or whatever, which allows me to detect, what's going on (or not going on).

Thanks,

Jochen

Re: Git hooks not working [message #1792603 is a reply to message #1792516] Fri, 20 July 2018 06:57 Go to previous message
Thomas Wolf is currently offline Thomas WolfFriend
Does the hook run, or do you simply not see its output? (Test for instance by making the hook create a marker file somewhere, then check that the file exists after a push.)

If the hook itself does run and rejects a push, do you then see its output?

Where does the hook write its output to? stdout or stderr?
Previous Topic:Unauthorized 401 when trying to clone
Next Topic:Help:A cycle was detected when generating the classpath
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 04:49:19 GMT 2024