Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Andmore » How dead is Andmore? How to configure it to be usable?
How dead is Andmore? How to configure it to be usable? [message #1792221] Thu, 12 July 2018 18:17
Michael Moser is currently offline Michael MoserFriend
I was just wondering: how dead is Andmore? Can one configure it to be actually useful with the latest Android SDK tools?

The background of my question:
I just installed the latest plain vanilla Photon version (Eclipse for Java Developers). To my amazement when starting it the first time I was prompted to set the correct path to the android SDK. I hadn't expected Andmore to be part of the basic eclipse distro.

But since I plan to do some Android development again, soon anyway, I then set the path to my about one year old android-sdk directory ("C:\Users\xyz\AppData\Local\Android\android-sdk"). But that didn't work. I don't get that initial popup anymore, but choosing Android SDK-Manager or Android Virtual Device Manager from the Windows menu are just no-op's, i.e. nothing happens, no app or dialog opens nor anything.

I then downloaded the latest Android SDK Tools (a file without the "Tools" in the name is not provided anymore on the Android download page), unpacked it and adjusted the path in the Andmore config to point to that path, but that didn't help either.

Thus my questions:
Is Andmore still supposed to work at all in Photon?
If so, what do I need to download, install and configure to get a setup that's useful to develop for Android?

Otherwise: how do I remove/uninstall Andmore from that installation?

[Updated on: Thu, 12 July 2018 18:22]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Help...Eclipse on Mac won't open
Next Topic:Excel sheet problem(40 rows limited)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 00:09:20 GMT 2024