Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Maven Projects always Build when Opening in Eclipse Photon(After upgrading to Photon, whenever I open a Maven project, the project builds the entire workspace, every time.)
Maven Projects always Build when Opening in Eclipse Photon [message #1792075] Tue, 10 July 2018 20:51
David Eisner is currently offline David EisnerFriend
I recently upgraded to to Eclipse Photon. Now Eclipse automatically builds the entire workspace every time I open a Maven project. This is true even though I have unchecked the Maven Project Builder in project Properties > Builders. This was not an issue when I was using previous versions of Eclipse (including Oxygen).

This is only happening with Maven projects. In fact, I checked out a fresh copy of my project, deleted the pom.xml file and .project files, and then created a fresh non-Maven Eclipse project from it, manually setting up the dependencies. It built fine, and if I closed and then re-opened the project, it did not auto-build (as expected). Note that I do have Project > Build Automatically checked, but that shouldn't matter.

Next, I converted this project to a Maven project (Configure > Convert to Maven Project), and now it exhibits the same undesired build-on-open behavior.

Does anybody have any suggestions? Is it a bug? Thanks.

Previous Topic:Problem with javadoc when using modules
Next Topic:eclipse Formatter
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 14:19:30 GMT 2024