Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Oomph » Path location to setup file(Path exchange of setup location in already installed eclipse)
Path location to setup file [message #1791807] Thu, 05 July 2018 13:45 Go to next message
Sebastian Heinrich is currently offline Sebastian HeinrichFriend
Hello

This is my first topic in this forum so please excuse if I do something wrong :-)

I have setup an own oomph profile and installed an eclipse with it.
For first test cases the setup file was located on network drive and the user project was imported via file browser on the project page of oomph installation process.

No the file is located our repository (so that other developers can have access and setup changes are distributed through the company)

I am wondering now wether it is possible to excange the network drive path with the now current URL in the already installed eclipse?

If this question is already answered somewhere else then just tell me and close topic.
Otherwise I would be glad to have an answer!

Best regards

Sebastian
Re: Path location to setup file [message #1791920 is a reply to message #1791807] Sat, 07 July 2018 05:39 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Note that extensions to a Project Patalog are stored in ~/.eclipse/org.eclipse.oomph.setup/setups/org.eclipse.projects.setup (or com.github.projects.setup). Any existing workspace that uses the extension project has stored a reference "indirectly" via the contents of this file. I.e., if you open the workspace.setup (Navigate -> Open Setup -> Workspace) and use the context menu to open the text editor, you'll see a reference like this
<stream href="index:/org.eclipse.setup#//@projectCatalogs[name='org.eclipse']/@projects[name='oomph']/@streams[name='master']"/>
The important point is that it's a reference from the root of the index using names to step down into the tree, so if you edit the product catalog extension file and replace the reference it has to the project setup (previously on the network drive using file:...) with a different reference to the new location in your repository, and the "name" of that project remains the same as before, you can simply replace this reference to the extension project in this one file and all workspaces will use the new location the next time they start.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:Setup Task Filter and Eclipse Version
Next Topic:Basic Setup still Accessing outside world
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 09:50:26 GMT 2024