Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » OOPs Photon(File to get back to Oxygen?)
OOPs Photon [message #1791579] Mon, 02 July 2018 15:28 Go to next message
Jim Crowell is currently offline Jim CrowellFriend
Hi,
I have been using Eclipse for years and went to the Oxygen version a few months ago. This morning I launched Eclipse [on iMac with High Sierra OS] and found that the Oxygen was replaced with Photon. The 'Photon' project setup is all messed up in that it no longer finds the Java Package I am developing?

I have always had problems setting up new Eclipse Projects and I am way behind schedule. Ideally, I want to get back to where I was Saturday. I re-loaded the Oxygen Eclipse but the Project is still messed up.

I have Time Machine on my iMac and would like to re-load the Eclipse Controls and My Project files as of Saturday in order to get back to where I was then.

Can anyone tell me what files to reset?

Regards,
Jim...
Re: OOPs Photon [message #1791928 is a reply to message #1791579] Sat, 07 July 2018 16:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

Jim, it's entirely possible that no one knows exactly how to answer your question.

For one thing, it's odd that being on Photon would come as a surprise, as you generally have to do an upgrade intentionally. If the Java development tools are missing, they should be installable from the Help menu, as always. For another, what is "Eclipse Controls"? And if you can roll back both the installation and your project using Time Machine, why shouldn't you?

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Re: OOPs Photon [message #1792760 is a reply to message #1791928] Mon, 23 July 2018 15:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jim Crowell is currently offline Jim CrowellFriend
> For one thing, it's odd that being on Photon would come as a surprise, as you generally have to do an upgrade intentionally...
Yes that is what I thought too. I must have done something dumb but I do not know what or how?

> And if you can roll back both the installation and your project using Time Machine, why shouldn't you?
I was asking what files / folders to go back to. Dumb again I guess. Perhaps, I should reload my workspace folder...

Regards,
Jim...
Re: OOPs Photon [message #1792764 is a reply to message #1792760] Mon, 23 July 2018 15:43 Go to previous message
Charles Rivet is currently offline Charles RivetFriend

The same thing happened to me. My fix was to use Eclipse's "Installation History" to get back to the previous configuration. You can get there by clicking on "Eclipse" in the tool bar and selecting "About Eclipse", then the [Installation Details] button, and select the "Installation History" tab to see the list of previous configurations.

/Charles Rivet
Previous Topic:"dirty files "?
Next Topic:Problems Using Parallel Debugger in C++ (CDT)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 09:56:59 GMT 2024