Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » 64 bit RCP application not able to read and write in Program Files or Program Files(x86)(Problem with 64- bit Eclipse RCP application)
64 bit RCP application not able to read and write in Program Files or Program Files(x86) [message #1791529] Mon, 02 July 2018 06:04
Ranjan Biswas is currently offline Ranjan BiswasFriend
I am working on uplifting an 32 bit RCP application to 64 - bit end state. I have successfully changed all the dependencies and dlls to support 64 - bit end state. It also work fine when installed outside Program Files or Program Files(x86) but when it is placed inside the said location it fails to create one view which try to create a sample file inside installed location.
The problem here is the same code works for 32 - bit end state. It doesn't at all throw any Access Denied exception no matter where ever it is placed. We are even able to access any location to read and write results.
But the same can not be performed through 64-bit end state. Unless the 64 bit version is launched granting Admin Privileges.

In order to find out more I tried with eclipse_mars_x86 and eclipse_mars_x86_64 with different location.When the workspace is inside Program Files or Program Files(x86) 32 bit of eclipse can access it without being launched as admin but the same can not be done through 64 bit of eclipse, without launching it as admin and attached sheet "Findings" has the results.

Any idea why eclipse behave this way , and can this be a reason for my issue ? Also if there is any solution to this ?

Also find out the error log for more.

[Updated on: Tue, 03 July 2018 05:42]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Conditional opening of editor
Next Topic:Phantom Editor view left around
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 16:07:53 GMT 2024