Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » 4DIAC - Framework for Distributed Industrial Automation and Control » Export FB networks, FB interfaces and ECCs as PDF or SVG
Export FB networks, FB interfaces and ECCs as PDF or SVG [message #1791292] Wed, 27 June 2018 16:56 Go to next message
Juan Lopez is currently offline Juan LopezFriend
Hi all,

I would like to know if it is possible to export a network of Function Blocks, a Function Block interface and its ECC as a vector image (PDF or SVG, for example).

This feature would be very helpful for creating high quality documentation and publications. I know that until 4diac 1.8.0 there was a "print" option available that allowed to export a FB network as pdf (not possible for FB interfaces or ECCs, however). It looks like this option no longer works for the current 1.9.1 version.

I also found this plug-in that allows to export images (PNG, SVG, ...) of diagrams made by GEF based editors (https://github.com/veger/eclipse-gef-imageexport) and I installed it onto 4diac 1.9.1. I managed to export ECCs with it as PNG and JPEG (very low-quality though), but it crashes and throws an error while trying to export as SVG.

Thanks
Re: Export FB networks, FB interfaces and ECCs as PDF or SVG [message #1791295 is a reply to message #1791292] Wed, 27 June 2018 18:43 Go to previous message
Alois Zoitl is currently offline Alois ZoitlFriend

Hi,

I perfectly understand this need. The problem we faced during the work for 1.9.0 is that the code for printing was very hard to maintain and given our limited resources we had to drop it.

However a workaround which delivers for publications normally good enough quality is to use 4diac on a full HD or higher res display, open the editor in full screen mode, deactivate the grid, zoom in on the stuff you would like to have and do a print screen.

Nonetheless it would be great to get some printing capabilities back. If one of our readers here is interested in a master thesis with 4diac or knows someone who is I would have a very nice topic: investigate an option to generate printable documentation out of 4diac projects and function blocks. Aka Doxygen or JavaDoc for IEC 61499.

Cheers,
Alois
Previous Topic:How to customize devices?
Next Topic:[SOLVED] Creating an array and giving it as FB output
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 08:32:11 GMT 2024