Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Remote Application Platform (RAP) » Strange Resize-Event in a Sash
Strange Resize-Event in a Sash [message #1790535] Tue, 12 June 2018 13:18 Go to next message
Magnus Konze is currently offline Magnus KonzeFriend
Hi,
i'm using a Sash where i'm noticing the following behaviour:
On one of the first ~10 attempts when dragging the outline i'm getting a Resize-Event which resets the Sash to its initial layout.

E.g. the first 3 dragattempts work as expected, on the fourth attempt the Sash resets and on every following attempt it is working again. (the reset never occured twice)

The reset seems to be triggered by the call to
MeasurementOperator.MeasurementOperatorHandler.handleCall(String, JsonObject) with method being "storeMeasurements".
In MeasurementOperator.MeasurementOperatorHandler.handleMeasuredTextSizes(JsonObject) the JsonObject contains sizes for some (not all) of my Controls on the Sash, which leads to TextSizeRecalculation.execute() being called.

Does anybody know this behaviour?
Why is MeasurementOperator.MeasurementOperatorHandler.handleCall(String, JsonObject) called only once, but not reliably on the first draggingattempt?
Can i call "storeMeasurements" myself after opening the Sash? (hoping it never gets called again...)
Re: Strange Resize-Event in a Sash [message #1790679 is a reply to message #1790535] Thu, 14 June 2018 10:48 Go to previous message
Ivan Furnadjiev is currently offline Ivan FurnadjievFriend
Hi,
the quoted classes are related to text size determination [1]. Usually, the resizing only happens if there is unmeasured by the client string dimensions, which are needed for the layout. Once the real string dimensions are available on the server the resizing will never happen again. Mainly, it affects only the very first user session after the server (application) is restarted.

[1] https://wiki.eclipse.org/RAP/RWT#Layouts_and_Text_Size_Determination

HTH,
Ivan
Previous Topic:AGPL and RAP EPL 1.0
Next Topic:Multipart Servlet in RAP
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 03:51:35 GMT 2024