Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » CSS tree selection issue on Linux only
CSS tree selection issue on Linux only [message #1787402] Thu, 24 May 2018 18:04 Go to next message
Page Wang is currently offline Page WangFriend
Hi,

We have a RCP application using CSS for styling. It works fine on win; but on Linux, the tree selection is messed up. The problem can be duplicated with the attached mail example.

When the application is started, it shows as in start.png; with some selection/expansion on the tree, it shows as in withSelection.png.

If I remove "swt-selection-background-color: #AFD7E1" from the default.css tree element, the problem goes away.

Tree {
color: #000000;
background-color: #ffffff;
swt-selection-background-color: #AFD7E1;
swt-hot-background-color: #DAECF0;
swt-selection-border-color: #AFD7E1;
swt-hot-border-color: #DAECF0;
}

I am wondering if this is a know issue? Or some setting on the linux machine (using CentOS) that might cause the issue? Any suggestions on how to solve it?

Appreciate much for the help!
Page
Re: CSS tree selection issue on Linux only [message #1787472 is a reply to message #1787402] Fri, 25 May 2018 21:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Brian de Alwis is currently offline Brian de AlwisFriend

There are known issues with trees and CSS on Linux. We've papered over some of them, but there are still some edge cases. It's a tough nut to crack, unfortunately.

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=433858

Eclipse Platform committer. Ask me about Eclipse support, training, and consulting.
Re: CSS tree selection issue on Linux only [message #1789917 is a reply to message #1787472] Thu, 31 May 2018 19:14 Go to previous message
Page Wang is currently offline Page WangFriend
Thanks! I have filed a bug report https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=535124.
Previous Topic:e4 Creation Review
Next Topic:Open E4 editor from Explorer/Navigator (Workbench IDE)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Sep 19 16:53:10 GMT 2018