Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Buckminster » Circular Component Dependency Issue(Circular Component Dependency Issue while running headless buckminster via Ant script)
Circular Component Dependency Issue [message #1787067] Fri, 18 May 2018 10:03 Go to next message
Megha Bansal is currently offline Megha BansalFriend
I am quite new to headless buckminster. I am currently trying to run headless buckminster from windows command prompt through ant script. My application is eclipse e4 application with JavaFx.

When I run my headless buckminster from build.xml (which resides in the project todo.mathexampl.app.releng), I get a "Circular component dependency detected" error.
[java] INFO:  import 'D:\GitRepos\MathappGit\todo.mathexampl.app.releng/buckminster-build.cquery'
[java] Circular component dependency detected. Chain is todo.mathexampl.app.releng -> todo.mathexampl.app.releng -> todo.mathexampl.p2.feature

The feature todo.mathexampl.app.releng is used to compose the p2 update site from which the p2 director can then build the product. It includes the features
>todo.mathexampl.app.feature (application plugins)
>todo.mathexampl.p2.feature (p2 plugins)
>org.eclipse.fx.runtime.e4x.feature (efxclipse runtime)
>org.eclipse.equinox.executable (needed by p2 director to create executable)

The feature todo.mathexampl.p2.feature itself holds the needed p2 plugins but has no dependency on any other feature and also not on todo.mathexampl.app.releng. I also noticed that, when I change order of features included in todo.mathexampl.app.releng, it always takes the first included feature in the circular dependency error. So I do not understand this error.

To resolve the error I included advisor nodes in a cquery with "Allow Circular Dependency" set to true. But now I get another error named "No component named org.eclipse.equinox.executable:eclipse.feature is known to buckminster" although this feature is included in the update site. (The build works when executed from inside Eclipse with the buckminster action "create.product").
[java] INFO:  perform 'todo.mathexampl.app.releng#create.product'
[java] No component named org.eclipse.equinox.executable:eclipse.feature is known to Buckminster.

Here is my cquery:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><cq:componentQuery xmlns:cq="http://www.eclipse.org/buckminster/CQuery-1.0" resourceMap="target.platform.rmap">
    <cq:rootRequest name="todo.mathexampl.app.releng" componentType="eclipse.feature"/>
    <cq:advisorNode namePattern="todo.mathexampl.*" componentType="eclipse.feature" allowCircularDependency="true"/>
    <cq:advisorNode namePattern="org.eclipse.*" componentType="eclipse.feature" allowCircularDependency="true"/>
</cq:componentQuery>

I'm not sure why I would even need to allow "circular dependencies", because there should not be any.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!

Megha

[Updated on: Fri, 18 May 2018 10:12]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Circular Component Dependency Issue [message #1790957 is a reply to message #1787067] Wed, 20 June 2018 15:08 Go to previous message
Matthew Webber is currently offline Matthew WebberFriend
You need to know that Buckminster is a dead project, and it appears that no more work on it is being done.

Unless you are already committed to Buckminster, I strongly suggest that you move to a different build system.
Previous Topic:buckminster headless build
Next Topic:Rejecting provider git - No component match found
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 03:56:32 GMT 2024