Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Computer Crash- Lost Eclipse Code(Recovery)
Computer Crash- Lost Eclipse Code [message #1786816] Sun, 13 May 2018 05:24 Go to next message
Juan Ruiz is currently offline Juan RuizFriend
Hi, this is the first time I use a forum and unfortunately its not a good reason. I was just using my Eclipse Neon .3 IDE for Java development for a final project I was working on that is due very very soon. I was working on that file and also had multiple Java projects open on the side. For some reason my computer turned off out of nowhere, maybe overheated due to charging and when I turned it back on, it opened right back to the file I was working on and all of th code inside was gone, it was a blank screen. All of my other projects were still there. I am panicking because it will take quite some time to get this set up, its a group project and I just lost my portion. I would like to know if there is a way to recover the code I have just lost because the last thing I need right now is to have to do that all over again. I do not have it anywhere else.

Please if anyone has a way to end this nightmare let me know.
Re: Computer Crash- Lost Eclipse Code [message #1786817 is a reply to message #1786816] Sun, 13 May 2018 07:23 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
All the files, in their saved state, should still be on disk. And if you saved the file during your editing, older saved versions ought to be in the local history, in <workspace>/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.core.resources/.history/*/*. If you never saved the file, of course it will have been lost. Using the context menu for the file in question (in the explorer view), you can try Compare With -> Local History... or Replace With -> Local History... to recover older saved versions. But as I said, if you never saved anything, you're kind of hosed.

There is a preference Window -> Preferences -> General Editors -> Autosave that you could enable, but that's hardly helpful at this point (and I personally would find that behavior annoying).

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:Missing requirement Apache Batik CSS with Eclipse Oxygen
Next Topic:Need help
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 10:37:23 GMT 2024