Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » "ambiguous link" popup appears every time I click on a document link in the telnet browser
"ambiguous link" popup appears every time I click on a document link in the telnet browser [message #1786634] Tue, 08 May 2018 20:13 Go to next message
George Cook is currently offline George CookFriend
I do brightscript/roku development. I've been using their plugin for some time. The telnet output interprets links to files and makes them clickable.

Suddenly, out of nowhere, I get this immensely annoying popup that says "Ambiguous link", with description: " Couldn't be sure about matching the clicked link to a specific file and line, but guessing the only matching file-path in a currently open Brightscript project file may be the right one..."

There are no duplicate files, no other projects open. I've no idea why it's started doing it. I'm guessing that it's down to their plugin; but if anyone has any idea, please put me out of my misery. It's driving me nuts.

Worked fine for weeks - now suddenly always does it.. :(
Re: "ambiguous link" popup appears every time I click on a document link in the telnet bro [message #1786637 is a reply to message #1786634] Tue, 08 May 2018 20:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

Forgive my bluntness, but what does this have to do with Eclipse?

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Re: "ambiguous link" popup appears every time I click on a document link in the telnet bro [message #1786649 is a reply to message #1786637] Tue, 08 May 2018 23:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
George Cook is currently offline George CookFriend
Absolutely the response I would expect. This is why I use jetbrains.

However, I'm stuck with eclipse for now, and trying to do the best I can with it, because it has one of the better brightscript plugins.

I'm not sure if this is an eclipse dialog message, or one from the plugin. If it's from eclipse, then I'm hoping I can turn it off with some setting. If not, then I'll live with it.

Does that make more sense?

I honestly don't recall a time in my 20 year career whereby any post I made in a javacentric forum did not have a response like yours. Thanks for keeping that alive !
Re: "ambiguous link" popup appears every time I click on a document link in the telnet bro [message #1786658 is a reply to message #1786649] Wed, 09 May 2018 05:33 Go to previous message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

I expect it's very specific to which ever Brightscript plug-ins you're using, given the contents and wording of the error
message and where in the UI it sounds like this linking was triggered from. Since eclipse.org doesn't provide plug-ins for
Brightscript, you'll have to follow up with whomever did provide them. You should also check any preference pages
it contains to see if there's anything relevant.

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Previous Topic:Eclipse Pydev - Run using a default Launch Configuration
Next Topic:Interface Particle Photon with Industrial Sensor
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 03:37:02 GMT 2024