Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Non-sequential display of images in sqLite handler software(How: When selected record is called it returns an image filename. How to insert proper image ?)
Non-sequential display of images in sqLite handler software [message #1786628] Tue, 08 May 2018 18:17 Go to next message
Patrick Moran is currently offline Patrick MoranFriend
I have been working with Java just to get a tool I need for teaching purposes. Based on an on-line tutorial I now have a Java application that allows user to choose a row number and then it goes to that row and displays several fields, all of them text or integers. So if this were used to display information about tractor parts then selecting "part number 2," it would display the cost, the estimated shipping time, shaft diameter, etc. What I have now would do that well. What I need to do is to add a picture of each part as it is selected. The text entries are handled by directing each column in an individual record to its own JTextField drawn on screen.

I can make a picture appear on a JLabel, but I don't see how to make that label change images the way the JTextFields change texts.

I've look for sample programs that would do this kind of thing. I once had a simple program that put up a list of personal contacts. Choose one and it would display name, address, phone number, etc. and also a photo of the individual in that record. However, I can't find it again, nor can I find anything like it.

Probably I am asking Google the wrong question. Can anyone point me in the right direction? All I've found so far are very complex codes for applications that allow all sorts of changes to be made to a selected photo.

I will attach the code and a screen shot (neither of which is very pretty).

Thanks.

Re: Non-sequential display of images in sqLite handler software [message #1786638 is a reply to message #1786628] Tue, 08 May 2018 20:49 Go to previous message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

We're not a general Java programming forum. This looks like the sort of question to take somewhere like StackOverflow or the relevant JavaRanch forum, https://coderanch.com/f/2/GUI .

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Previous Topic:Eclipse JEE for JDK10
Next Topic:Difficulty running app
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 08:47:11 GMT 2024