Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » Preferred node size vs preferred node container size
Preferred node size vs preferred node container size [message #1786496] Fri, 04 May 2018 12:23 Go to next message
Felix Dorner is currently offline Felix DornerFriend
Hi,

When I create a new element represented by a node-container, sirius auto-sizes the node-container nicely, so that it's content/labels are fully shown, but when I create an element represented by just a node, no auto-sizing is performed, and the labels are truncated with ellipsis.

I don't know why the container works well and the node not. Maybe I miss something in the description model, maybe there's a trick, maybe it's a sirius limitation?

Thanks for help.
Re: Preferred node size vs preferred node container size [message #1786498 is a reply to message #1786496] Fri, 04 May 2018 13:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Julien Dupont is currently offline Julien DupontFriend
Hello Felix,

It's a known problem, the only thing you can do is change the Size computation Expression in the Advanced tab of the style defined on node mapping.
This behavior can be explain because a container is an object that can contain other things, while the node can't contain anything.

Regards,
Re: Preferred node size vs preferred node container size [message #1786503 is a reply to message #1786498] Fri, 04 May 2018 13:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Felix Dorner is currently offline Felix DornerFriend
In other words, I have to compute the size myself. It doesn't sound logical that one size can be calculated by the runtime, and the other can't. I will have a look.
Re: Preferred node size vs preferred node container size [message #1786506 is a reply to message #1786503] Fri, 04 May 2018 14:56 Go to previous message
Julien Dupont is currently offline Julien DupontFriend
It may not be logical, but that's how it was implemented.
As I explain, it was planned for the container but not for the node. This is why for the container, the size is initialised by default by value -1 and for node by value 3.

Regards,
Previous Topic:Node creation error
Next Topic:Problem in Group/Section of customized property view(EEF with Sirius)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 04:40:02 GMT 2024