Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » problem access remote oracle database with jsp/servlet+eclipse indigo(problem database)
problem access remote oracle database with jsp/servlet+eclipse indigo [message #1786427] Thu, 03 May 2018 08:24 Go to next message
Eclipse User is currently offline Eclipse UserFriend
hi all

i want to access remote oracle database server 10g from jsp/servlet program

for this i followed this training

htt ps://ww w.jav a4s.co m/ja va-servlet-tu torials/ho w-to-connect- servlet-to-the-database-with-examp le/

and downloaded all the required files and taking care to consider the parameters of the non-local database

after that,i started tomcat server and executed the jsp/servlet program

but i am gettting the following error (maybe the configuration was not done properly)

java.sql.SQLException: Listener refused the connection with the following error:
ORA-12505, TNS:listener does not currently know of SID given in connect descriptor

at oracle.jdbc.driver.DatabaseError.throwSqlException(DatabaseError.java:113)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.DatabaseError.throwSqlException(DatabaseError.java:263)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CConnection.logon(T4CConnection.java:389)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.PhysicalConnection.<init>(PhysicalConnection.java:454)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CConnection.<init>(T4CConnection.java:165)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CDriverExtension.getConnection(T4CDriverExtension.java:35)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver.connect(OracleDriver.java:802)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source)
at java4s.ServletDatabaseConnect.doPost(ServletDatabaseConnect.java:26)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:650)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:731)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:303)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:208)
at org.apache.tomcat.websocket.server.WsFilter.doFilter(WsFilter.java:52)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:241)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:208)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:219)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:110)
at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:506)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:169)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:103)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:962)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:116)
at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:445)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractHttp11Processor.process(AbstractHttp11Processor.java:1115)
at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:637)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(JIoEndpoint.java:318)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.TaskThread$WrappingRunnable.run(TaskThread.java:61)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

if any one know how to access remote oracle database server with eclipse ,please explain me....
thanks
Re: problem access remote oracle database with jsp/servlet+eclipse indigo [message #1786468 is a reply to message #1786427] Thu, 03 May 2018 17:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

Google the error message. I suspect this has nothing to do with Eclipse.

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Re: problem access remote oracle database with jsp/servlet+eclipse indigo [message #1786487 is a reply to message #1786468] Fri, 04 May 2018 10:02 Go to previous message
Eclipse User is currently offline Eclipse UserFriend
I solved the problem ORA-12505, TNS: listener does not currently know SID given in connect descriptor

now I get the problem ORA-01017: invalid username / password; logon denied

however my jdbc URL and my credentials are correct

jdbc url: Connection con=DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:oracle:thin:@remote_db_ip:1521:apex","username","password");

if any one know,please explain me ....
thanks
Previous Topic:ABAP Development Tools
Next Topic:Server Audio
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 03:06:40 GMT 2024