Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » e(fx)clipse » Launching e(fx)clipse
Launching e(fx)clipse [message #1786249] Fri, 27 April 2018 15:36 Go to next message
Marcelo Ruiz is currently offline Marcelo RuizFriend
Hi,
I am trying to launch a bare-bones e(fx)clipse application from Gradle, trying to duplicate the success described here for an older version of the e(fx)clipse platform:
https://github.com/mcmil/wuff-efxclipse-samples
but I get the following error:
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter

Does e(fx)clipse use that class to launch the application? If not, what is the launching mechanism used?
I think if I can get this working the implications could be huge for end users: easier testing, painless configuration, conventions could be easier to apply, cross-ide support, *much* faster builds, and so on...
Thanks!
Re: Launching e(fx)clipse [message #1786265 is a reply to message #1786249] Sat, 28 April 2018 18:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Schindl is currently offline Thomas SchindlFriend
Our approach for cross-ide dev is maven - take a look how we start the framework - https://github.com/BestSolution-at/maven-osgi-plugin/tree/master/maven-osgi-exec-plugin/src/main/java/at/bestsolution/maven/osgi/exec
Re: Launching e(fx)clipse [message #1786266 is a reply to message #1786265] Sat, 28 April 2018 18:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
And no we don't use the class you show but org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Mai - see eg how we launch in Eclipse - https://github.com/eclipse/efxclipse-eclipse/blob/master/bundles/tooling/org.eclipse.fx.ide.mvnosgi.launching/src/org/eclipse/fx/ide/mvnosgi/launching/MVNOSGiApplicationLaunchConfiguration.java
Re: Launching e(fx)clipse [message #1786290 is a reply to message #1786266] Mon, 30 April 2018 01:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the information Tom, I will check it out. Is there currently any limitations when using Maven? I remember you mentioned you used it for a recent project...
Re: Launching e(fx)clipse [message #1786346 is a reply to message #1786290] Tue, 01 May 2018 19:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Not that I know of (beside running junit tests in osgi mode) and once we release a new version of our maven-plugin things get even more streamlined .
Re: Launching e(fx)clipse [message #1786360 is a reply to message #1786346] Wed, 02 May 2018 03:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
@Tom
I downloaded and installed the maven-plugin and then the sample e4 maven application. When I opened in Eclipse, the pom.xml file under sample.mvn.app shows an error (underlined in <parent>):

Description	Resource	Path	Location	Type
bnd error: The JAR/ZIP file (/home/marcelo/e4-efxclipse-maven-sample/sample.mvn.parent/sample.mvn.runtime.e4fx.feature/pom.xml) seems corrupted, error: zip END header not found (biz.aQute.bnd:bnd-maven-plugin:3.3.0:bnd-process:default-bnd-process:process-classes)

org.apache.maven.plugin.MojoExecutionException: bnd error: The JAR/ZIP file (/home/marcelo/e4-efxclipse-maven-sample/sample.mvn.parent/sample.mvn.runtime.e4fx.feature/pom.xml) seems corrupted, error: zip END header not found
	at aQute.bnd.maven.plugin.BndMavenPlugin.execute(BndMavenPlugin.java:230)
	at org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultBuildPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultBuildPluginManager.java:134)
	at org.eclipse.m2e.core.internal.embedder.MavenImpl.execute(MavenImpl.java:331)
	at org.eclipse.m2e.core.internal.embedder.MavenImpl$11.call(MavenImpl.java:1362)
	at org.eclipse.m2e.core.internal.embedder.MavenImpl$11.call(MavenImpl.java:1)
	at org.eclipse.m2e.core.internal.embedder.MavenExecutionContext.executeBare(MavenExecutionContext.java:177)
	at org.eclipse.m2e.core.internal.embedder.MavenExecutionContext.execute(MavenExecutionContext.java:112)
	at org.eclipse.m2e.core.internal.embedder.MavenImpl.execute(MavenImpl.java:1360)
	at org.eclipse.m2e.core.project.configurator.MojoExecutionBuildParticipant.build(MojoExecutionBuildParticipant.java:52)
	at org.eclipse.m2e.core.internal.builder.MavenBuilderImpl.build(MavenBuilderImpl.java:137)
	at org.eclipse.m2e.core.internal.builder.MavenBuilder$1.method(MavenBuilder.java:172)
	at org.eclipse.m2e.core.internal.builder.MavenBuilder$1.method(MavenBuilder.java:1)
	at org.eclipse.m2e.core.internal.builder.MavenBuilder$BuildMethod$1$1.call(MavenBuilder.java:115)
	at org.eclipse.m2e.core.internal.embedder.MavenExecutionContext.executeBare(MavenExecutionContext.java:177)
	at org.eclipse.m2e.core.internal.embedder.MavenExecutionContext.execute(MavenExecutionContext.java:112)
	at org.eclipse.m2e.core.internal.builder.MavenBuilder$BuildMethod$1.call(MavenBuilder.java:105)
	at org.eclipse.m2e.core.internal.embedder.MavenExecutionContext.execute(MavenExecutionContext.java:151)
	at org.eclipse.m2e.core.internal.embedder.MavenExecutionContext.execute(MavenExecutionContext.java:99)
	at org.eclipse.m2e.core.internal.builder.MavenBuilder$BuildMethod.execute(MavenBuilder.java:86)
	at org.eclipse.m2e.core.internal.builder.MavenBuilder.build(MavenBuilder.java:200)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager$2.run(BuildManager.java:735)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:42)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuild(BuildManager.java:206)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuild(BuildManager.java:246)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager$1.run(BuildManager.java:301)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:42)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuild(BuildManager.java:304)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuildLoop(BuildManager.java:360)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.build(BuildManager.java:383)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.AutoBuildJob.doBuild(AutoBuildJob.java:142)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.AutoBuildJob.run(AutoBuildJob.java:232)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:56)
Caused by: java.util.zip.ZipException: The JAR/ZIP file (/home/marcelo/e4-efxclipse-maven-sample/sample.mvn.parent/sample.mvn.runtime.e4fx.feature/pom.xml) seems corrupted, error: zip END header not found
	at aQute.bnd.osgi.ZipResource.build(ZipResource.java:64)
	at aQute.bnd.osgi.ZipResource.build(ZipResource.java:43)
	at aQute.bnd.osgi.Jar.<init>(Jar.java:79)
	at aQute.bnd.osgi.Jar.<init>(Jar.java:99)
	at aQute.bnd.osgi.Analyzer.addClasspath(Analyzer.java:2214)
	at aQute.bnd.osgi.Analyzer.setClasspath(Analyzer.java:1319)
	at aQute.bnd.maven.plugin.BndMavenPlugin.execute(BndMavenPlugin.java:213)
	... 32 more
Caused by: java.util.zip.ZipException: zip END header not found
	at java.base/java.util.zip.ZipFile$Source.zerror(ZipFile.java:1252)
	at java.base/java.util.zip.ZipFile$Source.findEND(ZipFile.java:1153)
	at java.base/java.util.zip.ZipFile$Source.initCEN(ZipFile.java:1160)
	at java.base/java.util.zip.ZipFile$Source.<init>(ZipFile.java:997)
	at java.base/java.util.zip.ZipFile$Source.get(ZipFile.java:960)
	at java.base/java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:216)
	at java.base/java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:148)
	at java.base/java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:162)
	at aQute.bnd.osgi.ZipResource.build(ZipResource.java:49)
	... 38 more
	pom.xml	/sample.mvn.app	line 4	Maven Build Problem

Any idea on how to solve this?
Thanks
Re: Launching e(fx)clipse [message #1786408 is a reply to message #1786360] Wed, 02 May 2018 22:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The current state in the repository depends on the snapshot-version maven-plugin. You need to clone that repository and install the nightly version using "mvn install" and IMHO it looks like your .m2/repo is broken. You should maybe remove it so that they are downloaded once more
Re: Launching e(fx)clipse [message #1786410 is a reply to message #1786408] Thu, 03 May 2018 00:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tom,
Thanks for the reply.
I tried your suggestions but to no avail. I deleted the maven local repository altogether and downloaded and installed the maven plugin:
git clone https://github.com/BestSolution-at/maven-osgi-plugin.git
mvn clean install

Now, I switch to the sample procject and execute:
mvn clean verify

Maven has no problem:
[INFO] --- tycho-p2-director-plugin:1.0.0:archive-products (archive-products) @ sample.mvn.product ---
[INFO] Building zip: /home/marcelo/e4-efxclipse-maven-sample/sample.mvn.parent/sample.mvn.product/target/products/sample.mvn.app.product-noenv.noenv.noenv.zip
[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] Reactor Summary:
[INFO] 
[INFO] sample.mvn.parent .................................. SUCCESS [  0.169 s]
[INFO] sample.mvn.lib ..................................... SUCCESS [  3.437 s]
[INFO] sample.mvn.runtime.e4fx.feature .................... SUCCESS [  0.657 s]
[INFO] sample.mvn.app ..................................... SUCCESS [  1.000 s]
[INFO] sample.mvn.feature ................................. SUCCESS [  0.129 s]
[INFO] sample.mvn.product ................................. SUCCESS [ 24.848 s]
[INFO] BUILD SUCCESS
[INFO] Total time: 31.937 s
[INFO] Finished at: 2018-05-02T20:13:11-04:00
[INFO] Final Memory: 60M/200M

Eclipse still shows the error in that pom.xml file.
Is Eclipse being cranky or am I doing anything wrong?
Thanks
Re: Launching e(fx)clipse [message #1786414 is a reply to message #1786410] Thu, 03 May 2018 03:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just a quick update. After the latest update on the nightly tooling (that happened actually a few minutes ago for me), the error in the pom.xml is gone.
Now the sample app at least tries to lunch. I updated the efxclipse.version property to 3.3.0 to use with Java 9 and I got the @PreDestroy annotation could not be found error. I am leaving for a short trip tomorrow and I will try to fix the problem with the versioned javax.annotation package. I will report back if I find a problem.
Thanks again!
Re: Launching e(fx)clipse [message #1786421 is a reply to message #1786414] Thu, 03 May 2018 06:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you need to update the pom-dependencies to include the javax.annotation bundle but I fear that we have not yet published that one to our maven-repository. I give you a heads up once that's done.
Re: Launching e(fx)clipse [message #1786990 is a reply to message #1786421] Wed, 16 May 2018 21:30 Go to previous message
Thank you Tom. I'll wait for your confirmation to keep working on this...
Previous Topic:groovy editor in eclipse 4 rcp
Next Topic:Prototype of SceneBuilder integrated into Eclipse
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 21 21:07:23 GMT 2018