Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » A performance confuse of thumbnail(thumbnail)
A performance confuse of thumbnail [message #1786218] Fri, 27 April 2018 05:21 Go to next message
mind calm is currently offline mind calmFriend
Hi,
I found that, when i editing model with sirius diagram, if i open outline overview, the editing performance will be worse. I analysed the source code, found the ToggleUpdateManager.performUpdate() is responded for painting the sirius diagram; the ThumbnailUpdater.run() is responded for updating the outline overview. Is my analysis correct or not?
My confuse is that, why the ThumbnailUpdater.run() costs more time than the ToggleUpdateManager.performUpdate()? Did not the ThumbnailUpdater.run() just scale down the picture which ToggleUpdateManager.performUpdate() painted?

Best regards!

by Keep Mind Calm
Re: A performance confuse of thumbnail [message #1786222 is a reply to message #1786218] Fri, 27 April 2018 07:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Florian Barbin is currently offline Florian BarbinFriend
Hi,

The outline view is provided by default by GEF. Indeed, we noticed this performance issue but since GEF 3 is not maintained anymore, this issue will probably not be addressed.
The only workaround is to close this view for diagrams with a huge amount of figure :-(

Regards,

Florian
Re: A performance confuse of thumbnail [message #1786478 is a reply to message #1786222] Fri, 04 May 2018 05:53 Go to previous message
mind calm is currently offline mind calmFriend
Hi, Florian Barbin
Thanks for your reply.
I debugged the process, It seams that, the thumbnail paint all the figures recursively, while the ToggleUpdateManager.performUpdate() only paint part of the figures, according to a HashMap named dirtyRegions which stores the affected picture and its dirty region.

Best regards!

by Keep Mind Calm
Previous Topic:Couldn't make Property Validation Rule of a diagram working
Next Topic:Odesign + Emfcompare
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 00:38:17 GMT 2024