Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Computed Column Issue - URGENT please(Compute Column does not exist)
Computed Column Issue - URGENT please [message #1784522] Wed, 28 March 2018 23:47 Go to next message
Ali Raza is currently offline Ali RazaFriend
Hi fellows,
Could you please help me an issue related to a BIRT report design. I have created the dataset and it's few fields which is under computed columns.
The birt report (Chart) runs fine on eclipse but when I run it in Successfactors, it gives me an error saying that the computed column does not exists. Is it something with the calculation done on the computed column?

Benefit = if (row["City"] == "Paris){ (0.3*row["BenefitEntitlement"];} else{ row["BenefitEntitlement"];)}

City and BenefitEntitlement columns exist in the CSV and the dataset but it looks like the earlier calculation of Benefit column for each client is causing because the city & BenefitEntitlement column data is not loaded on column computation.

Please shed some light and help me out of this issue.
Re: Computed Column Issue - URGENT please [message #1784599 is a reply to message #1784522] Fri, 30 March 2018 02:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Any helper, please?
Lifesaver
Re: Computed Column Issue - URGENT please [message #1784600 is a reply to message #1784599] Fri, 30 March 2018 03:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Colin Sutton is currently offline Colin SuttonFriend
"Paris) should be "Paris")
Re: Computed Column Issue - URGENT please [message #1784608 is a reply to message #1784600] Fri, 30 March 2018 10:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Colin!!
Benefit = if (row["City"] == "Paris"){ (0.3*row["BenefitEntitlement"];} else{ row["BenefitEntitlement"];)}
Still the same with no luck.....:(
Re: Computed Column Issue - URGENT please [message #1808169 is a reply to message #1784608] Tue, 18 June 2019 13:24 Go to previous message
Ushmita Seth is currently offline Ushmita SethFriend
When you would have exported the dataset from SuccessFactors, the field names (which are your CSV headings) would actually be represented by their technical names. #emp_City or something of this kind.
Use those technical names directly in your entire report , as well as to compute calculated column

if(row["#emp_City"]=="Delhi") {0.3*row["#emp_BenefitEntitlement"] } .....

[Updated on: Tue, 18 June 2019 13:26]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Persian characters showed separately in PDF generated using BIRT
Next Topic:BIRT 2.6: Getting user input using Report Parameter for Flat File Data Source
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 03:31:04 GMT 2024