Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Unexplained error on compile explained(how computer-centered issues can influence Eclipse performance)
Unexplained error on compile explained [message #1784103] Thu, 22 March 2018 15:13
Patrick Moran is currently offline Patrick MoranFriend
After working most of the day to repair one mistake I made (AMB always make backups), I got everything back to where it should be and pressed run. I got a non-specific "impossible to compile" sort of response. (Sorry, I did not think to write it down at the time.) I'd seen this problem or one like it before when I was doing lots of C programming. Some control character gets into the source code, you can't see it, but it's there. So I copied out the code, put it into TextWrangler and pressed "Zap Gremlins." I put it back in its pristine form, pressed run, and got the same DOA error message.

I printed out the program and looked it over carefully. Not only was the editor in Eclipse not seeing any mistakes, I couldn't see any either.

There was only one other possible source of error that I could think of. I turned off my Mac, let it rest for 20 seconds, turned it back on, and the problem was solved.
Previous Topic:Dependency View plugin
Next Topic:Creating pop-up before open my view
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 26 18:34:58 GMT 2024