Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Kura » Loading Modbus assets and channels
Loading Modbus assets and channels [message #1784023] Wed, 21 March 2018 15:53 Go to next message
Nicolas T is currently offline Nicolas TFriend
I'm in the process of building a Kura bundle that communicates with a series of ModBus devices.
I installed the ESF modbus driver, added a driver instance under "Drivers and Assets" and an asset along with a few dummy channels.
How should I go about using this newly created instance and load all assets/channels associated with it?
Should I use the AssetService to obtain a list of Assets with listAssets()?
I'm confused as to which parts of the API are meant for building custom drivers.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Re: Loading Modbus assets and channels [message #1784126 is a reply to message #1784023] Thu, 22 March 2018 16:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matteo Maiero is currently offline Matteo MaieroFriend
Hi,
I'm sorry, but I couldn't figure out what are the steps that you are trying to do.
Did you have a look at the official Kura documentation to learn how to interact with Drivers and Assets? https://eclipse.github.io/kura/wires/kura-wires-intro.html

Are you trying to fill the Asset configuration programmatically?

Thanks.
Best regards,
Matteo
Re: Loading Modbus assets and channels [message #1784685 is a reply to message #1784126] Mon, 02 April 2018 11:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nicolas T is currently offline Nicolas TFriend
Hi
Sorry, I phrased my post incorrectly. I was looking for a way to load all my drivers, assets programmatically and read their channels but I was unsure which parts of the API docs were for implementing your own driver and which for actually using it. After some trial and error I managed to do it with AssetService. Thank you for your input.

[Updated on: Mon, 02 April 2018 12:48]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Loading Modbus assets and channels [message #1784721 is a reply to message #1784685] Tue, 03 April 2018 08:32 Go to previous message
Matteo Maiero is currently offline Matteo MaieroFriend
Great news.

Thanks for the update.
Previous Topic:Unable to active ActiveMQ embedded broker
Next Topic:Creating custom API/web service?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 05:44:48 GMT 2024