|Administrative Assistant [message #1783885]
||Mon, 19 March 2018 23:33
| Wayne Beaton
Registered: December 2017
About The Eclipse Foundation|
The Eclipse Foundation is a not-for-profit, member supported corporation that hosts the Eclipse projects and helps cultivate both an open source community and an ecosystem of complementary products and services. The Eclipse community of individuals and organizations collaborates on commercially-friendly open source software.
The Eclipse Foundation is seeking a highly organized, self-motivated individual with strong administrative skills and a good comfort level with technology to fill the role of Administrative Assistant to provide support for a number of its programs. The successful candidate of this full-time, entry-level position will provide support and coordination to various aspects of the Foundation's programs, including both its large collection of open source projects as well as its membership and related programs.
The position requires interaction with many internal staff members as well as broader international Eclipse community and membership. Through this role, the successful applicant will be a key supporting resource for the effective operation and success of these programs, and play a key role with process improvement to continually bring enhanced value to our members and our project communities.
The Eclipse Foundation is based in Ottawa, ON, Canada, and the successful applicant will work in our Ottawa office.
- Provide administrative support to open source projects through various predefined processes;
- Coordinate the activities of new projects through the Eclipse open source software project onboarding process including guiding new software developers through the "bootstrapping" process;
- Validate and process legal paperwork files for Eclipse committers;
- Monitor and track project activity, identifying and reporting project issues where required;
- Communicate with Eclipse members to keep membership related information current and up to date and/or to promote membership services;
- Maintain process and program documentation;
- Track status of 3rd party contracts, agreements, applications, etc.;
- Monitor forums and mailing lists, and respond to or redirect incoming correspondence;
- Generate various weekly, monthly and quarterly reports for various aspects of the business;
- Provide administrative support to the Finance team; and
- Other assigned duties as required.
- Minimum diploma in business administration or equivalent discipline;
- Minimum of one year of professional experience is required, preferably in a role that has been customer facing with both written and oral communication;
- Disciplined and detail-oriented;
- Strong interpersonal skills, with clear customer focus;
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral;
- Comfortable in a technical environment with an aptitude for project coordination, interacting and communicating with stakeholders that often have a technology background;
- Solid computer skills and proven ability to coordinate projects;
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets is mandatory, experience working with databases is an asset;
- Working knowledge of HTML, Markdown, AsciiDoc, content management, and version control systems is an asset;
- Experience and comfort with the maintenance of social media channels is an asset;
- Willingness to, and an aptitude for, learning new technologies;
- Strong self-starter work ethic, mixed with strong teamwork and collaboration skills; and
- Strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
Please submit a resume and covering letter to email@example.com quoting "Administrative Assistant" by March 31, 2018. We offer highly competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those to be interviewed will be contacted. For more information about Eclipse Foundation, please visit our website at https://eclipse.org/org/foundation/
Powered by FUDForum
. Page generated in 0.02694 seconds