Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Can only run report once (Can only run report once second run seems to have classpath problems)
Can only run report once [message #1783546] Wed, 14 March 2018 02:58 Go to next message
John Hornsby is currently offline John HornsbyFriend
I have tried BIRT Report designers 4.4.2, 4.6.0 and 4.7.0 and I have the same problem with all of them.

I have a report that includes a library and that library includes my own jars as resources.

When I view the report properties I see those jars in the resources for the report.

When I run the report the first time everything works fine. So far so good.

When I run that same report a second time, or any other report, I get errors that appear to be related to classloading differences (from the first run).

How can I overcome this problem?

Why is the classloading different on the second run?

I place my libraries underneath my report library in a lib directory.

Can I work around the problem by placing the jars somewhere more global? I've tried all sorts of places but none seem to work.

One of the problems I see in the second run of the report in the stack trace is inconsistencies with the use of commons.configuration2 (which my jars use):

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Cannot invoke org.apache.commons.configuration2.AbstractConfiguration.setListDelimiterHandler on bean class 'class org.apache.commons.configuration2.PropertiesConfiguration' - argument type mismatch - had objects of type "org.apache.commons.configuration2.convert.DefaultListDelimiterHandler" but expected signature "org.apache.commons.configuration2.convert.ListDelimiterHandler"

Maybe it's picking up a different version of the commons.configuration2 classes on the second run and that's causing the problems.

At the moment it's a slow development process as I only get one run per run of Eclipse!

Thanks for any help you can provide.
Re: Can only run report once [message #1785195 is a reply to message #1783546] Tue, 10 April 2018 14:55 Go to previous message
John Hornsby is currently offline John HornsbyFriend
Any help from anyone would be greatly appreciated.....

Basically I can run my report only one time in Eclipse... then the second run always fails. Doesn't matter which report. Always the same issue on the 2nd run ... looks like it could be class loading issues... but how do I resolve?

Thanks.
Previous Topic:Pantone colors in BIRT reports
Next Topic:Lines printed in an incorrect order
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:39:52 GMT 2024