Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » RE: Running Some Software Out of a Book/Number Two(RE: Running a C++ File and Receiving Errors w/ Launch)
RE: Running Some Software Out of a Book/Number Two [message #1783422] Tue, 13 March 2018 00:52 Go to next message
Seth Nowlin is currently offline Seth NowlinFriend
Hello,

I wanted to add a new photo and tell you that I found out about the Window option and how I set my Binary Parser for Cygwin.

I did so and got to make my file. I am still not able to run the file. I think it has something to do w/ the photo difference and how I cannot get the "src" file setting showing.

If you know of what I am doing wrong by the photo, please allow me to know.

Seth

index.php/fa/32319/0/

P.S. Thank you for the support so far. I keep learning new ways to perform these operations.
  • Attachment: TryThis.PNG
    (Size: 17.87KB, Downloaded 261 times)

[Updated on: Wed, 14 March 2018 09:22]

Report message to a moderator

Re: RE: Running Some Software Out of a Book/Number Two [message #1783423 is a reply to message #1783422] Tue, 13 March 2018 01:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello Again,

The software states it has bugs plus the inclusion, #include <iostream>, does give a "?" symbol on the file taco.cpp window. Are we not allowed to use this inclusion in Eclipse?

Seth

P.S. I found a way to configure "Launch" and then I proceeded but the new error states, "Launch Failed. Binary Not Found." Let me know what you think.

[Updated on: Tue, 13 March 2018 01:10]

Re: RE: Running Some Software Out of a Book/Number Two [message #1783494 is a reply to message #1783423] Tue, 13 March 2018 15:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tauno Voipio is currently offline Tauno VoipioFriend
There is not enough information to diagnose the situation, but it seems that your CDT setup is not correct.

Please open the CDT help and read the section 'Before you begin', and follow the instructions there.

--

Tauno Voipio

[Updated on: Tue, 13 March 2018 15:58]

Re: RE: Running Some Software Out of a Book/Number Two [message #1783540 is a reply to message #1783494] Tue, 13 March 2018 21:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello,

What info. do you need? I listened to the set up info. from the C/C++ CDT help section on the site but still I fail.

Seth
Re: RE: Running Some Software Out of a Book/Number Two [message #1783545 is a reply to message #1783540] Wed, 14 March 2018 02:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David VavraFriend
Your project clearly has a different configuration than the HelloWorld project.
For one, there doesn't seem to be a makefile in the Debug directory or it is malformed.

The best thing is for you to compare the HelloWorld project with your current one.
You are the best person in a position to do that.
There are too many settings for us to examine to tell you exactly what is wrong.
Examine every setting
It's a tedious process but imagine how much more tedious it would be to try to get us to do it for you.

Until you discover why, use the HelloWorld project as a template.

Create an HelloWorld C++ project (with a different name);
    Delete the HelloWorld.cpp (which actually is <project name>.cpp);
    Copy your source into the src directory;
    Select a build configuration; with Project --> Build Configurations --> Set Active;
    Then build it with Project --> Build Project.
Re: RE: Running Some Software Out of a Book/Number Two [message #1783548 is a reply to message #1783545] Wed, 14 March 2018 03:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello Sir,

Thank you for the ideas and the motivation. I will look into your route and study my Hello World program from the Eclipse software. I will then input my software ex. from the book.

Seth

P.S. I will return service if I am up to my neck in questions. I will study the Help section more, too.
Re: RE: Running Some Software Out of a Book/Number Two [message #1783573 is a reply to message #1783548] Wed, 14 March 2018 09:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello Again Mr. David,

Seth here. I applied a new version of my software from the book and configured the Binary Parser in the Windows option. I am still lacking the "src" file configuration like in the Hello World program. Please view what I changed in the above message.

Seth

P.S. Thank you again sir.
Re: RE: Running Some Software Out of a Book/Number Two [message #1783678 is a reply to message #1783545] Thu, 15 March 2018 13:29 Go to previous message
Hello Sir,

I got the file to run. Thank you for the pointers.

Seth
Previous Topic:[oxygen.2] Build In Docker form Windows Host cannot find source
Next Topic:_Please Delete; Photon 4.8m6 has C/C++ package
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 21:49:56 GMT 2024