Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » RE: Running Some Software Out of a Book(I Cannot Make Header Files in Eclipse...I Cannot Build in Eclipse for C/C++)
RE: Running Some Software Out of a Book [message #1783292] Sun, 11 March 2018 04:41 Go to next message
Seth Nowlin is currently offline Seth NowlinFriend
index.php/fa/32280/0/

Hello,

This is the software from the book, "Discovering Modern C++," that I have been using.

I cannot seem to build in my current environment for some reason. I was trying to set an .exe formatted file from the example but failed.

I thought, since the first Hello World program ran with specific orders, I could make this software run on Eclipse Oxygen for C/C++. I was mistaken.

Seth

P.S. If you know how to direct me, please do. I read over the info. on the http://help.eclipse.org/oxygen/index.jsp?nav=%2F0 site and I have failed so far.

Re: RE: Running Some Software Out of a Book [message #1783310 is a reply to message #1783292] Sun, 11 March 2018 15:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello Again,

I found something on creating a Makefile. I am off to test it and afterwards is when I will update my status on this forum.

Seth

P.S. Thank you for reading and/or trying to reply w/ my limited info. given.
Re: RE: Running Some Software Out of a Book [message #1783312 is a reply to message #1783310] Sun, 11 March 2018 19:00 Go to previous message
Hello Again,

I was able to make the makefile and perform some other functions but I cannot run the software w/out complication/errors.

Seth

P.S. I am missing something and my nerves are shot for now. Please send guidance or suggestions.

[Updated on: Sun, 11 March 2018 19:01]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Can't use MySQL Connector to deploy a C++ program
Next Topic:Simple test case not finding include files
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 21:55:35 GMT 2024