Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Oomph » Variables in Oomph(internalization of Eclipse installs)
Variables in Oomph [message #1783094] Wed, 07 March 2018 20:07 Go to next message
David Coley is currently offline David ColeyFriend
Ed,

I've managed to get back to editing our Oomph install and am trying to completely internalize everything to point to local locations.

I've gotten a very basic "Eclipse for Java Developers" working so that reads from a local file location, however reading through the error log I see that Oomph is redirecting externally.

Regarding:
https://wiki.eclipse.org/Eclipse_Oomph_Authoring#Declaring_and_Using_Variables

Where do I find ${oomph.url} declaration. I've grep searched the whole GIT repo and cannot find where this is set.

I'd like to use the same logic to change all the URL's to a proper Dev / QA / PROD layout depending on a environment variable. However I can't find where oomph.url is declared.

Any suggestions where I can look for this?
Re: Variables in Oomph [message #1783111 is a reply to message #1783094] Thu, 08 March 2018 04:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
The class org.eclipse.oomph.internal.setup.SetupProperties declares variables for system/environment properties that are used elsewhere. Generally org.eclipse.oomph.util.PropertiesUtil is used to look up property values and those methods generally all delegate to org.eclipse.oomph.util.PropertiesUtil.getProperty(String, String) which uses System.getProperty and System.getEnv. I'm not sure about an oomph.url variable, but I suspect you're referring to org.eclipse.oomph.internal.setup.SetupProperties.PROP_UPDATE_URL, which is used to determine from where to install/update Oomph itself, and org.eclipse.oomph.internal.setup.SetupProperties.PROP_INSTALLER_UPDATE_URL, which is to determine from where to update the Oomph installer product for the installer's self-update. Other "magical" external update sites (implicit variables) to consider are those declared in /setups/models/*.ecore in "http://www.eclipse.org/oomph/setup/Enablement" annotations, though that's likely not a concern if you're working purely on product setups that don't use task types that must run in the installation rather than in the installer itself at bootstrap time. Note that in terms of redirecting p2 URLs, you can use a Redirection task for those even if there is no variable declared for them; an oomph.redirection.* property is needed strictly only for redirecting the location of setup models, though they can of course be used to redirect URIs in general.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: Variables in Oomph [message #1783195 is a reply to message #1783111] Fri, 09 March 2018 03:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Okay this is starting to work.

However I updated the paths to a local web location and when I explore the area using the P2 Explorer in Eclipse it shows the categories and files.
However when I go to install through Oomph the Log shows the new paths, but says it cannot find any xxx.xxxxxxxx.xxxxx:#.#.# file for each file needed. I have physically confirmed the files are in the web location and are accessible. Is there a debugger mode I can turn on to get a better idea of why it can't find the files. Or what is going on?
Re: Variables in Oomph [message #1783234 is a reply to message #1783195] Fri, 09 March 2018 13:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Does Oomph's Repository Explorer also seem to indicate that the repo is well formed? Most of these explorers just who the content metadata. Are you sure your local version of the repository is both a metadata repository and an artifact repository? In other words, did you do both these things when you created the local repository?
 $eclipse -nosplash -verbose \
   -application org.eclipse.equinox.p2.artifact.repository.mirrorApplication \
   -source $1 \
   -destination $2
 $eclipse -nosplash -verbose \
   -application org.eclipse.equinox.p2.metadata.repository.mirrorApplication \
   -source $1 \
   -destination $2

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: Variables in Oomph [message #1783245 is a reply to message #1783234] Fri, 09 March 2018 14:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes we have both metadata and artifactory data . If I try to install the software into Eclipse in a "working" instance it works fine.

Re: Variables in Oomph [message #1783256 is a reply to message #1783245] Fri, 09 March 2018 17:39 Go to previous message
The issue appears to be Proxy based, where internal proxies / web security is causing the files to not be picked up correctly.

I copied the Mirrors to my local drive and changed the http to file://c:/path/to/mirrors and it worked.

Should have done this 2 days ago...
Previous Topic:How to create a SVN repository location
Next Topic:Issue pulling preferences in project pointed to from project catalog
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 11:05:22 GMT 2024