Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Eclipse Web Tools Platform Project (WTP) » Where do I find the Web Page Editor option?(Web Page Editor)
Where do I find the Web Page Editor option? [message #1782717] Wed, 28 February 2018 10:10 Go to next message
Robert Clemenzi is currently offline Robert ClemenziFriend
I installed Eclipse Oxygen on a Window 10 system and selected "Eclipse IDE for JavaScript and Web Developers". I have verified that Eclipse Web Developer Tools version 3.9.1a is installed. The various help text I've found says that when I right click an html file and select "Open with" there should be an option for "Web Page Editor". However, it is not there.

I also do not see an option to create a JSF File. I am not sure what that is or if it is needed, but several pages suggest that it should be available.

My intent is to develop client side only html/javascript applications that do not require code execution on a server.
Re: Where do I find the Web Page Editor option? [message #1790041 is a reply to message #1782717] Mon, 04 June 2018 01:16 Go to previous message
Robert Clemenzi is currently offline Robert ClemenziFriend
I eventually figure this out - to get this to "work", you have to also install "Eclipse Java EE Developer Tools 3.9.1a" and select the 3 "JSF Tools" options.

I have documented this at http://mc-computing.com/Languages/Javascript/Eclipse.html
Previous Topic:Editing XML based on XSD 1.1
Next Topic:Embedded Jetty with WebAppContext configurations
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 03:22:41 GMT 2024