Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » RCP Testing Tool » Name of a Linked Workspace Project in Context
Name of a Linked Workspace Project in Context [message #1782295] Wed, 21 February 2018 12:37 Go to next message
Fabian Bo is currently offline Fabian BoFriend
Hello everybody,

I've written a maven script that will download my projects that I want to test on every build job. If I want to call these projects in my test case, I have to link them in the workspace context. Unfortunately, the project gets the name of the linked folder instead of the project name. but I need the project name.
Is there a way to adjust or bypass this?
I would like to load the projects each time with the newest state and import these in my workspace with the project name, so that I can run launch configurations etc.

The Projects will be downloaded in the following maven folder:
IntegrationTests\org.simulator.product.tests.ui\target\examples\*ProjectName*

Many Thanks
Fabian

[Updated on: Wed, 21 February 2018 12:44]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Name of a Linked Workspace Project in Context [message #1782618 is a reply to message #1782295] Tue, 27 February 2018 07:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Viktoria Dlugopolskaya is currently offline Viktoria DlugopolskayaFriend
Hi Fabian,

How do you link projects in the workspace context? What is the structure of the folder you link that contains projects (where is '.project' file placed -- direnctly in the folder or in one of child folders)?
I tried to create a workspace context and add a project from a different-named folder and it works as expected.
Re: Name of a Linked Workspace Project in Context [message #1782640 is a reply to message #1782618] Tue, 27 February 2018 10:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Viktoria,

thanks for your answer :)
I create a new workspace context and add the project folder via "link workspace project".
after that, the project will appear there with the folder name (PCMFork_Example) instead of the name of the project it contains (PCMForkExample).

if I add the project via the "import project" function, the project has the correct name "PCMForkExample", but i need the modified files downloaded from my maven script.
the .project file is placed directly in the folder and looks like this:

<? xml version = "1.0" encoding = "UTF-8"?>
<Project description>
<Name> PCMForkExample </ name>
<Comment> </ comment>
<Projects>
</ Projects>
<BuildSpec>
</ BuildSpec>
<Natures>
<Nature> org.eclipse.sirius.nature.modelingproject </ nature>
</ Natures>
</ Project description>

Many Regards
Fabian
  • Attachment: Unbenannt.JPG
    (Size: 60.64KB, Downloaded 108 times)

[Updated on: Tue, 27 February 2018 10:28]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Name of a Linked Workspace Project in Context [message #1782839 is a reply to message #1782640] Fri, 02 March 2018 11:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi guys,

i found a workaround to avoid that. i created a new empty project with the projects name, and linked the files of the project. this works very well.
but every time its an absolute path like "org.palladiosimulator.product.tests.ui\target\examples\Minimum_Project_Example" which doesnt work in a maven script on the server.
How can I use a relative path for this? with workspace:/ or platform:/resource???
i have to import the projects (downloaded from svn) in a maven script...

thanks for your help
Fabian
Re: Name of a Linked Workspace Project in Context [message #1782951 is a reply to message #1782839] Mon, 05 March 2018 14:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
does really nobody have an idea how i can handle this? :(
i want to import projects in RCPTT from a maven downloaded folder.

sorry for the push, I cant understand that there is no solution/workaround for such an important case -.-
Re: Name of a Linked Workspace Project in Context [message #1783333 is a reply to message #1782951] Mon, 12 March 2018 07:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Viktoria Dlugopolskaya is currently offline Viktoria DlugopolskayaFriend
Hi Fabian,

Could you try to import projects with a test script, not with a workspace context? Inside a test script, you can use a relative path or generate an absolute one with ECL commands (check 'get-workspace-location', 'get-java-property "user.home"' commands)
Maybe a test script inside an attached project in this message can help you: https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php?t=msg&th=1091411&goto=1782608&#msg_1782608
Re: Name of a Linked Workspace Project in Context [message #1783483 is a reply to message #1783333] Tue, 13 March 2018 14:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks for your answer. it works perfect. but the projects are in "${project.basedir}/target/examples"
neither java.home nor java.dir point to this directory. How do I get to this directory? or do I have to change this to java.home or java.dir?
Re: Name of a Linked Workspace Project in Context [message #1783485 is a reply to message #1783483] Tue, 13 March 2018 14:34 Go to previous message
okay, this
"global [val projectLocation [concat [get-java-property "user.home"] "\\git\\Build-IntegrationTests\\org.simulator.product.tests.ui\\target\\examples\\Minimum_Project_Example"]] "
works :)
Previous Topic:RCPTT: NP when using the recorder
Next Topic:Java Heap Size - Out of Memory
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:59:36 GMT 2024