Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » NodePage - DetailForm - Veto Form desactivation
NodePage - DetailForm - Veto Form desactivation [message #1782278] Wed, 21 February 2018 08:55 Go to next message
Rene Eigenheer is currently offline Rene EigenheerFriend
HI
I have a NodePage with a Detail form. On the detail form I can enter data.
To store the data (and keep the form open), I've added the StoreButton to the form and removed the OKButton.
i face the problem, that the user can leave the detailform and activate another node in the same outline or veen change the outline even if ther eis some unsaved data on the form.
Is there a possibility to keep the user on the form, if the form is dirty? something like throwing a vetoexception in a formtobedesactived trigger?

TIA
rene
Re: NodePage - DetailForm - Veto Form desactivation [message #1782338 is a reply to message #1782278] Thu, 22 February 2018 06:48 Go to previous message
Patrick Baenziger is currently offline Patrick BaenzigerFriend
Hello René

I don't think that there is a easy built-in option to do this.

The closest thing I could think of would be setting the IPageChangeStrategy on the outline (override createPageChangeStrategy, or call the setter) and modify it to check that if there is a DetailForm, it has been saved (and then not switch the form at all).
However, I can't tell you if that would lead to a consistent behaviour with the tree of the outline, which possibly already updated with the user's selection.
Previous Topic:org.eclipse.equinox.launcher
Next Topic:[Oxygen] Wizard - CanFinish or disable Finish-Button
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 09:44:52 GMT 2024