Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Debugging javascript, html with Firefox Developer Edition(When Eclipse Oxygen jee runs, it syncs up with firefox, but not firefox developer)
Debugging javascript, html with Firefox Developer Edition [message #1782100] Sat, 17 February 2018 15:46 Go to next message
Jim Anderson is currently offline Jim AndersonFriend
When I run my javascript/jquery/html code in Eclipse Oxygen JEE, it brings up firefox by default. Somehow it knows that I also have chrome, because when I right click on my index.html file in the project explorer and select "Debug As", I get to pick either "Debug on Server" or "Chrome/Chromium Debugger".

If I go to the tool bar and select, Windows --> Web Brower, I can pick from 'default browser', 'firefox' or 'chrome'.

How do I let Eclipse know that I have 'Firefox Developer Edition' installed and to use that when I debug?

Jim A
Re: Debugging javascript, html with Firefox Developer Edition [message #1855121 is a reply to message #1782100] Thu, 29 September 2022 08:18 Go to previous message
Vikram Vaswani is currently offline Vikram VaswaniFriend
Simply add "debugger " in javascript code and when you reload the page, open the chrome console to debug each line of code.
Previous Topic:Graphics issue with Eclipse 2022-09
Next Topic:Eclipse IDE throws errors on JSX script
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 21:19:05 GMT 2024