Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » 4DIAC - Framework for Distributed Industrial Automation and Control » Where to find source for older versions(I am trying to get WCET plugin working with 4Diac)
Where to find source for older versions [message #1781794] Tue, 13 February 2018 10:48 Go to next message
Sandeep Patil is currently offline Sandeep PatilFriend
Hello,

I wanted to use the plugin at http://www.idt.mdh.se/~jcn01/research/assist/, however it was created for version 1.1. I did try to change the dependencies from 1.1 to 1.9, only that change did not work, because API have changed as well.

If I still would like to try other versions, where can I find the source? I will go from 1.8 backwards, until I can get the plugin to work.

Other option will be update the plugin to latest version, but I was looking for a quick fix

Best Regards,
Sandeep
Re: Where to find source for older versions [message #1781795 is a reply to message #1781794] Tue, 13 February 2018 10:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ben Schneider is currently offline Ben SchneiderFriend
Hi,

You can find old Releases of 4diac on Source Forge: https://sourceforge.net/projects/fordiac/files/4DIAC-IDE/OldReleases/

Cheers,
Ben
Re: Where to find source for older versions [message #1781796 is a reply to message #1781795] Tue, 13 February 2018 10:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Ben,

I believe they are not sources, they are compiled binaries. I need to compile from sources to use the plugin.

Best Regards,
Sandeep
Re: Where to find source for older versions [message #1781798 is a reply to message #1781796] Tue, 13 February 2018 11:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alois Zoitl is currently offline Alois ZoitlFriend

Hi Sandeep,

you don't necessarily need the source to compile plugins. However it is some work and I only saw that it is possible but never did it using Eclipse Target platform mechanism. Nonetheless the old source code is still in our old mercurial repository [1]. By invoking:

hg clone http://hg.code.sf.net/p/fordiac/fordiac-ide fordiac-fordiac-ide

you should get it. You need to switch to the 1.8.x branch. Then hopefully these plugins should compile again.

I was not aware that this code from Luca is also available. It would be great to have that also on latest 1.9.0. Unfortunately this will be quite some work. Not only the namespace of our plugins changed to the eclipse namespace, but with the code cleanup some of the API completely changed. On the other hand with this cleanup plugins like the ones from luka can now be implemented much easier.

BTW you may want to know that Luca gave us his communication generation plugin and this is also part of 4diac 1.9.0-

Cheers,
Alois

[1] https://sourceforge.net/p/fordiac/fordiac-ide/ci/default/tree/
Re: Where to find source for older versions [message #1781804 is a reply to message #1781798] Tue, 13 February 2018 11:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Alois,

Quote:
you don't necessarily need the source to compile plugins. However it is some work and I only saw that it is possible but never did it using Eclipse Target platform mechanism.

Thanks for this information, will explore this option sometime.

Quote:
Unfortunately this will be quite some work

I fixed all the namespace issues, all I am left is 20 total API errors (reference to 7 api's). But I cannot continue further. Is there a changelog that will help me dealing with these 7 API's?

Re: Where to find source for older versions [message #1781807 is a reply to message #1781804] Tue, 13 February 2018 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Alois,

hg clone http://hg.code.sf.net/p/fordiac/fordiac-ide fordiac-fordiac-ide

Thanks, the above worked, and I have just 1 API issues, could you please tell me which version had
org.fordiac.ide.typeexport.FbtExporter.saveAsFBTFile()
API and/or what is it changed to in version 1.8?

I tried to see version history for that file in tortiseHG, but cannot figure out how

Best Regards,
Sandeep Patil
Re: Where to find source for older versions [message #1781808 is a reply to message #1781804] Tue, 13 February 2018 12:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hi Sandeep,

The core changelog would be that we removed the UI Model. So everything deriving from View. Based on that we changed nearly every plugin and cleaned-up all over the place (roughly 1000 commits). So I don't know how to provide a somehow usable changelog.

But if you are down to 20 issues. I think it is pretty quick to fix. I could offer you a shared screen-session with goto-meeting or skype and we fix it together. If you have time I would be available today in the afternoon.

Alois
Re: Where to find source for older versions [message #1781809 is a reply to message #1781807] Tue, 13 February 2018 12:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I just noticed that the Elcipse forum does not nest replies correctly. So please put my last message to your first message. This is now for the
org.fordiac.ide.typeexport.FbtExporter.saveAsFBTFile()

issue.

The type export and import has been moved to the models plugin somewhere around 1.3 or 1.4. So you should find this class and this method in the models plugin:
fordiac-ide\plugins\org.fordiac.ide.model\src\org\fordiac\ide\typeexport

However you may have to provide an IFile now.
Re: Where to find source for older versions [message #1781826 is a reply to message #1781809] Tue, 13 February 2018 16:12 Go to previous message
Thanks a lot Alois,

Both 1.8 and 1.9 compile issues have been fixed for the WCET plugin

Best Regards,
Sandeep Patil
Previous Topic:Forte build size
Next Topic:Problem with assigning values to large byte arrays
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 16:33:56 GMT 2024