|Re: strings as message parameters? [message #1781744 is a reply to message #1781728]
||Mon, 12 February 2018 21:47
| Juergen Dingel
Registered: January 2015
The easiest way is to declare the parameter with type String from the UML Primitive types: when choosing the type of a message parameter you get a list that begins with * (meaning "anything"), the list of Ansi C types, and at the bottom three options: "Select Existing Type...", "Create new Class..." or "Create new Enumeration...". Choose "Select Existing Type..." and under "Primitive Types" select "String". Do not choose "Ecore Primitive Types".
When I want add a parameter to a message and select the green '+', I get
- the list starting with '*',
- a submenu called 'Protocol Message Parameter with UI with existing Type...',
- a submenu called 'Protocol Message Parameter with UI with new Class...', and
- a submenu called 'Protocol Message Parameter with UI with new Enumeration...'.
Selecting '... with existing Type...', gets me
- a folder containing user-defined types in a folder named after my project,
- the UMLRT-RTS model library, and
- the AnsiCLibrary.
I cannot find 'Primitive Types' or 'String' in any of these...
Powered by FUDForum
. Page generated in 0.01827 seconds