Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Help requested with loading reference libraries(I'm having some trouble loading reference libraries and having the classes resolve)
Help requested with loading reference libraries [message #1781633] Fri, 09 February 2018 20:08
Graham Slieker is currently offline Graham SliekerFriend

Hello Everyone,

I'm very pleased to join the forum. I'm trying to get some re-purposed code running and I'm running into a problem with classes in android support JARs recognized so they will resolve when the code compiles.

First let me describe the system I'm building and trying to run the code on.

64 Bit Ubuntu 16.04 with 2 Gb Ram. The system runs fine with other applications and other java projects running in Eclipse for testing. The Java load path'd in Linux is Oracle SE Run-time 1.8.0-161-b12. I needed that specific load for another Java app running native, outside of Eclipse. Eclipse and other projects in development running inside Eclipse seemed to run fine on that load. This particular project recommended Oracle Java 9.0.1 which is loaded by Eclipse. All other projects inside Eclipse run fine on 9.0.1 The Eclipse load is Oxygen 4.7.2

I'm loading the libraries with the classes referenced in the app but some of the classes aren't resolving when the code tries to compile. I believe I have some of the wrong libraries but don't know how to identify the correct ones and locate them. The two libraries that flag as needed are android.support.v4.app/ and android.support.v4.widget/ There is also android.support.v7.AppCompatActivity.jar that when loaded shuts off a bunch of resolution and reference errors. I've tried loading maybe 3 versions of android.support.v4 and when I do it throws errors that classes and interfaces in the library can't resolve and that they "are indirectly referenced from inside required class files". When there is no v4 library there are no v4 errors on the "import statement line, but v4 errors flag on the public class line saying that certain required v4 classes and interfaces can't be resolved????

So my assumption is that I have the wrong v4 library?? Could anyone help me with this?

Best
Graham
Previous Topic:Label Indentation / Spaces after Comment
Next Topic:Eclipse Kepler IDE freezes when trying to run Java application
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 00:20:01 GMT 2024