Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Embedded Development Device Support?(Looking to expand my experience with Eclipse Embedded development to other MCUs)
Embedded Development Device Support? [message #1781484] Wed, 07 February 2018 18:34 Go to next message
Rod Naugler is currently offline Rod NauglerFriend
Hi all,
I have been using eclipse for a couple of years with the available AVR toolchain to develop software with ATMega 328P and ATMega644A MCUs. In my last course, we also developed using Code Composer Studio on a TI Tiva ARM development board.
I am looking to expand my experience with embedded MCUs using Eclipse but I am having trouble locating information on how to get started with these devices. I am wondering if anyone could link me some information on using eclipse with the following:
PIC12F508
STM8S103F3P6
STM32F103C8T6
ESP32

Thanks in Advance,
Rod
Re: Embedded Development Device Support? [message #1784312 is a reply to message #1781484] Mon, 26 March 2018 15:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BBQ Bailey is currently offline BBQ BaileyFriend
Rod,
Don't see any responses, so thought I would post what little I know...I'm an experienced programmer, but have been using the Arduino IDE and was wanting to be able to do some object oriented classes, so am in process of switching to C++ on Eclipse.

There's quite a bit of setup that has to take place first. I would recommend viewing this youtube video first by Neil Kolban (Note: Eclipse forum refused to let me post link, so google youtube kolban c++ and it should be the first entry)

He has a lot of other ESP32 related videos, as well as a ebook.

Also, checkout (on youtube) a guy named pcbreflux as he has a lot of videos as well.

BBQ
Re: Embedded Development Device Support? [message #1784328 is a reply to message #1784312] Mon, 26 March 2018 21:33 Go to previous message
Rod Naugler is currently offline Rod NauglerFriend
Thanks, I'll look him up.
I really enjoy using Eclipse with the AVR8bit chips. I'm hoping the setup is as easy to use with the other MCUs.

Rod
Previous Topic:Show std:string content in Eclipse
Next Topic:error can't find javaw.exe
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 10:12:36 GMT 2024