Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Is 4.8 currently more reliable than 4.7.2? Is it advisable to upgrade?
Is 4.8 currently more reliable than 4.7.2? Is it advisable to upgrade? [message #1781007] Wed, 31 January 2018 13:26
Thomas Wunder is currently offline Thomas WunderFriend
Note: I'm mainly using JDT, (e)GIT, Java8, Maven and occasionally some CSS editor (from Web Developer Tools).

After having some major problems with eclipse 4.6.x (mainly freezing and crashing...) I switched to 4.7.2. Initially looking much better I found some even more severe bugs (https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=530556) and oddities, such as cursor jumping when typing opening or closing braces and parenthesis, giving me a really hard time. Some of the bugs I have encountered seem to be fixed in 4.8, however I'm still hesitant to upgrade as it's not the official release yet.

So if you have tried 4.8 already, what is your impression of it? Will I be better off staying with 4.7.2 for the time being or is it already more reliable than what I currently have?
Previous Topic:Add fragment part to views shortlist
Next Topic:Project cannot find resources in another project at runtime
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 12:41:40 GMT 2024