|Debugging from eclipse and gdb a remote aplication with openOCD server [message #1780879]
||Mon, 29 January 2018 14:12
| Fernando Dominguez
Registered: January 2018
Recently, I have connected my ARM target connected to a Windows machine with my work station in Linux. Windows machine has an openOCD server.
I was able to connect from Linux to the target, run the application and apply some breakpoints. Now I want to debug the code from eclipse.
I did the following steps:
First on Windows:
1) Launch openOCD server
Then on Linux:
1) Go to Run>Debug configurations
2) Create new C/C++ Remote Application
3) In Main tab, I select the executable file. Below I click Select other... and I select GDB (DSF) Manual Remote Debugging Launcher
4) In Debugger tab, I select Strop on startup at Init
5) I set the path to my GDB tool (arm-rtems5-gdb)
6) .gdbInit in my home directory (see below for content)
7) On Connection sub tab I set the correct TDP IP with the correct port
Then I click on Debug... but nothing happens over my code.
my .gdbInit file is:
set remotetimeout 5
set breakpoint pending auto
target remote myIPaddress:3333
#mon load_image fsbl.elf 0x00000000 elf
mon resume 0
mon sleep 2000
# Zynq debug start up.
I don't know why this gdbInit works in console but not in eclipse. If i try to send anny command from debugger console openOCD returns the message "Info: drpped 'gdb' conection"
I put some breakpoint on code, I compile the executable. Then nothing happens, the executable runs correctly (because it prints messages) and it doesn't stop at the breakpoint.
Thanks in advance
Powered by FUDForum
. Page generated in 0.01438 seconds