Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » setting a user gcc
setting a user gcc [message #1780693] Thu, 25 January 2018 19:52
Christopher Hite is currently offline Christopher HiteFriend
I've got a userspace build of gcc which is what I want eclipse to use. How this is configured has change a few times. Currently I'm trying to do it on Oxygen.2 Release (4.7.2) and CDT 9.4.0.201801130900. It seems broken. In the past I'd sometimes figure it out just via my path.
PATH=/home/chris/tools/gcc-7.3.0/bin:/home/chris/bin:.....

I've hacked a make based project's make file to get it to dump the PATH. Something is prepending the path to the system gcc:
PATH=/usr/bin:/home/chris/tools/gcc-7.3.0/bin:....

The issue is probably with "Core Buid Toolchains". This thing has a list of available toolchains and sure enough has the system ones at the top. I can even add my own toolchain. There are up and down buttons, but the don't work. I cannot change the priorities. Maybe that's a bug. The buttons aren't greyed out they just don't work.

Other attempts to override this issue elsewhere also failed.

1. I tried setting "Project | Linux Tools Path | prepend string to path".
  2. I tried setting PATH in ""C++ | Build | Settings | Environment".
  3. I tried hard-coding the path to gcc in "C++ | Build | Settings | Discovery | Command to get compiler specs". I ticked "allocate console", but never saw a console created. Bug?

This seems like a pretty standard exercise which I have done about every other year and there is documentation out there, but it's all for previous versions of CDT. Still I'm stuck. I'm pretty sure there's a bug, but maybe it's just tricky.

Can someone verify a bug or two here, or just point me to documentation on how to do it for CDT 9.4?
Previous Topic:Indexer Build Output Parser and different build directories
Next Topic:How can I do a persistent modification to an AbstractBuildCommandParser-instance?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 08:04:57 GMT 2024