Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » JGit DFS
JGit DFS [message #1779735] Thu, 11 January 2018 22:46 Go to next message
Matt Anderson is currently offline Matt AndersonFriend
I have been playing around with the JGit DFS implementation and have a minimal POC where I can write and read packs to HDFS and can create refs (using the built-in DfsReftableDatabase). It appears, though, that as a bare repository, a lot of the porcelain features I'm used to are not available (eg: commits, trees, diffs, etc). My question: is it possible to implement these on top of DFS? Or am I misunderstanding the use case? Any recommendations on how to gain these features in a DFS implementation?

For reference, I am attempting to build a programmatic library that allows basic git features for storing and versioning files that can be used by applications in our stack. Primarily for runtime configuration data. The "files" and "directories" would be more logical abstractions in this sense as it won't be an actual user working on a local file system. The idea of having JGit w/ DFS backend seemed promising for this...

Re: JGit DFS [message #1811182 is a reply to message #1779735] Wed, 28 August 2019 10:07 Go to previous message
Siva Hari Ganesan S is currently offline Siva Hari Ganesan SFriend
Hi All,
I have exactly the same requirement as Matt Anderson, has somebody figured out a way? Thanks in advance.
Previous Topic:Can't import Git Projects
Next Topic:Connection Error while accessing repository
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 23:28:29 GMT 2024