Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » E3 to E4 Migration - e4view with toolbar(Question on how to contribute to e4view toolbar.)
E3 to E4 Migration - e4view with toolbar [message #1779632] Wed, 10 January 2018 13:28 Go to next message
Heiko Nolte is currently offline Heiko NolteFriend
I'm migrating an Eclipse 3 to Eclipse 4 application using e4views to replace the existing E3 view implementations by E4 view parts. This works fine with the exception that I'm not able to contribute a toolbar to my e4view. I have created a model fragment with a respective toolbar contribution that extends my e4view, but the toolbar doesn't show up in my E4 view.

If have also read an older forum thread - dating from 2009 - that suggests to use an E3E4 bridge. Since I have tried to implement a brigde as described by the following article: https://www.eclipse.org/community/eclipse_newsletter/2013/february/article3.php
Unfortunately the E4 view didn't show up at all refering to it with a bridging class.

Did anybody have a similar issue and could give me a hint how to solve it?

Kind regards, Heiko

Re: E3 to E4 Migration - e4view with toolbar [message #1780277 is a reply to message #1779632] Fri, 19 January 2018 14:54 Go to previous message
Wernke zur Borg is currently offline Wernke zur BorgFriend
Does this mean that the part and the toolbar are defined in different plug-ins?

In this case you have to make sure that the reference to the part and the Feature are set correctly. Perhaps you can post the relevant parts of your fragment.

Cheers, Wernke

[Updated on: Fri, 19 January 2018 15:04]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Eclipse 4 RCP Part toolbar location
Next Topic:Copy & Paste in forms pages
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 03:23:48 GMT 2024