Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » Oxygen.2 cannot find org.junit.Test(Cannot compile code with "import org.junit.Test;")
Oxygen.2 cannot find org.junit.Test [message #1779292] Thu, 04 January 2018 23:59 Go to next message
Eric Kolotyluk is currently offline Eric KolotylukFriend
After importing the project https://github.com/ConSol/java9-modules-maven-junit-example compilation fails when trying to import "org.junit.Test' et al. This project builds, tests, runs fine via Maven.

Looking at the classpath in the Package Explorer, I can clearly see that "org.junit.Test" et al are on the classpath via junit-4.12.jar, but in the editor, it complains "the import org cannot be resolved"

Has anyone else had problems like this with Oxygen.2?

Should I report this as a defect, or does anyone have any ideas on what else to check in the configuration?

I note that in the past I have often seen Eclipse complain about imports this way, but for the life of me, I cannot remember what the resolution was. As far as I am concerned, if a project builds fine via Maven, then Eclipse should also be able to import and build it without issues.
Re: Oxygen.2 cannot find org.junit.Test [message #1779424 is a reply to message #1779292] Sun, 07 January 2018 09:39 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
I'm not very familiar with all the Java 9 features, but perhaps you have to do something in your model-info.java to requires/uses something from the other model. Perhaps it's better to post on the JDT forum where the Java tools experts are more likely to see your question.
Previous Topic:Extend Syntax Coloring
Next Topic:Having trouble in installing a plug-in
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Nov 15 10:17:55 GMT 2018