Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » e(fx)clipse » What replaces the PreferencesObjectSupplier?(org.eclipse.e4.core.di.internal.extensions.PreferencesObjectSupplier was removed. What is the replacement?)
What replaces the PreferencesObjectSupplier? [message #1778866] Fri, 22 December 2017 14:49 Go to next message
Selim Dincer is currently offline Selim DincerFriend
Hey,

After our upgrade to 3.1.0 another thing that broke is our subclass of the PreferencesObjectSupplier (which was removed). What is the new way of providing preferences to the application?

Thanks!
Selim
Re: What replaces the PreferencesObjectSupplier? [message #1778873 is a reply to message #1778866] Fri, 22 December 2017 18:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Schindl is currently offline Thomas SchindlFriend
Well IIRC there's never been a PreferencesObjectSupplier is from the platform and has been moved to "org.eclipse.e4.core.di.extensions" - I must not mention that this is an internal class! So maybe you should try to get your customizations back upstream or look at PreferenceValueSupplier from e(fx)clipse and help us improve that to meet your requirements?
Re: What replaces the PreferencesObjectSupplier? [message #1778986 is a reply to message #1778873] Wed, 27 December 2017 15:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So I basically removed our subclass of this guy. Turns out both the efxclipse PreferenceValueSupplier as well as our implementation were probably conflicting. After deleting it everything seems fine.
This is however still an internal class and I guess it's subject to removal in a future version. Are there plans to move it to public API or is there a preferred way of storing / retrieving preferences?
Re: What replaces the PreferencesObjectSupplier? [message #1779062 is a reply to message #1778986] Sun, 31 December 2017 20:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Schindl is currently offline Thomas SchindlFriend
Not sure what you mean? You should not reference the supplier at all. The efxclipse preference supplier allows you to retrieve/store values through public API. Is there something you had to customize in the supplier?
Re: What replaces the PreferencesObjectSupplier? [message #1779149 is a reply to message #1779062] Wed, 03 January 2018 09:11 Go to previous message
Sorry I was a bit confused. I deleted our implementation and we don't reference any of these suppliers any longer. We had our own implementation that was essentially an empty subclass of that internal class that was moved / removed.

[Updated on: Wed, 03 January 2018 09:12]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Create DndTabPane with my own DragFinishedConsumer
Next Topic:DirectoryTreeView - where's the jar/maven?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 05:37:54 GMT 2024