Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EclipseLink » @Version on @MappedSuperclass
@Version on @MappedSuperclass [message #1778685] Wed, 20 December 2017 04:15 Go to next message
Sukma Wardana is currently offline Sukma WardanaFriend
Hello

I've a project that run on Payara Application Server, and if I'm not wrong it should use EclipseLink 2.6.

Recently I planned to create a BaseEntity with @MappedSuperclass annotations, so I don't need to declare my @Id and @Version.

@MappedSuperclass
public abstract class BaseEntity implements Serializable, Cloneable {

@Id
    @GeneratedValue(strategy = GenerationType.IDENTITY)
    private Long id;

@Version
    private Long version;

/* getter and setter omitted for brevity */

Everything is work well with Derby, but when I started to use MySQL 6 Database I encounter weird situation. I could persist and merge the version variable, but when I tried to retrieve it (of course I query it from the Concrete class and not from the BaseEntity), I always get 0 value.

Could somebody help me with this?
Thank you.
Re: @Version on @MappedSuperclass [message #1779633 is a reply to message #1778685] Wed, 10 January 2018 14:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Delahunt is currently offline Chris DelahuntFriend
This is an old post, but if its still an issue, you would need to look at the SQL statements being generated for the persist/merge and query operations by enabling EclipseLink logging (https://wiki.eclipse.org/EclipseLink/Examples/JPA/Logging). If it is working in Derby it should work on MySQL, so hopefully the SQL and the tables themselves might point to the problem.
Re: @Version on @MappedSuperclass [message #1779673 is a reply to message #1779633] Thu, 11 January 2018 04:41 Go to previous message
Sukma Wardana is currently offline Sukma WardanaFriend
Chris Delahunt wrote on Wed, 10 January 2018 14:09
This is an old post, but if its still an issue, you would need to look at the SQL statements being generated for the persist/merge and query operations by enabling EclipseLink logging (https://wiki.eclipse.org/EclipseLink/Examples/JPA/Logging). If it is working in Derby it should work on MySQL, so hopefully the SQL and the tables themselves might point to the problem.

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the answer, yes I enabled the SQL statements and there is no problem when I do persist or merge. The problem that I face was when I tried to retrieve (select) the data my version field always got 0 (zero).

My current solutions was move the @Version to the child class, but hope to get solutions that won't made me to declare @Version on every entity,

Thank you
Previous Topic:Eclipselink assumes erroneous NoPlatform when target-server not set
Next Topic:MappedSuperClass with EclipseLink
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Nov 16 21:02:47 GMT 2018