Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » The type javax.swing.JComponent cannot be resolved. It is indirectly referenced from required .class(I can´t run myjava program for that error)
The type javax.swing.JComponent cannot be resolved. It is indirectly referenced from required .class [message #1778563] Sun, 17 December 2017 20:57 Go to next message
gabriel rivas is currently offline gabriel rivasFriend
Hi Friends I am new in JAVA, this error:

The type javax.swing.JComponent cannot be resolved. It is indirectly referenced from required .class files

Don´t let run my java programas.

I request help so I can do to work better eclipse in my pc
Re: The type javax.swing.JComponent cannot be resolved. It is indirectly referenced from required .c [message #1778910 is a reply to message #1778563] Sat, 23 December 2017 14:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

Does your project have a valid "JRE System Library" on its Java Build Path, and no mention of it being unbound? Does your Installed JREs preference page contain only locations of valid JREs and JDKs?

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Re: The type javax.swing.JComponent cannot be resolved. It is indirectly referenced from required .c [message #1798065 is a reply to message #1778910] Mon, 12 November 2018 07:37 Go to previous message
Patrick Moran is currently offline Patrick MoranFriend
I have seen this problem too. Code that worked fine using Oxygen fails when run using Photon.
See the following. This is a known problem, and it seems that the solution is to go back to Oxygen.
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/52686025/upgrade-to-jdk-10-and-encountered-extensive-compile-errors-in-eclipse

Found something else. It looks like the Java developers have messed up, and/or have decided to phase out javax.accessability

Lots of complicated recommendations for work-arounds in the following, I have no idea how to implement which of these possible solutions. Bummer.
https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=900912

[Updated on: Mon, 12 November 2018 07:51]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Where do theme-related questions belong?
Next Topic:MADT and standard eclipses
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 01:57:21 GMT 2024