Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » avr-gdb failed to launch(gdbinit:1: Error in sourced command file:\nNo symbol table is loaded)
avr-gdb failed to launch [message #1777616] Thu, 30 November 2017 19:18 Go to next message
Kurt Feusi is currently offline Kurt FeusiFriend
Hi all,
after having setup externals tools configuration for simulavr (starting it is OK), tried to setup the Debug Configuration for avr-gdb.
- In GDB Command was setting the path to the avr-gdb file and the avr-gdb command.
- in the startup tab I ticked "Load symbols" and entered the workspace path and the file name of the project-elf file in "use file".
- the .gdbinit file contains one command: "set startup-with-shell off"
Now, when I press "Debug" in the debug configuration window, I get the error: "Error in final launch sequence" with details as follows:

Failed to execute MI command:
source /Users/../.gdbinit
Error message from debugger back end:
/Users/../.gdbinit:1: Error in sourced command file:\nNo symbol table is loaded. Use the "file" command.
/Users/../.gdbinit:1: Error in sourced command file:\nNo symbol table is loaded. Use the "file" command.

setup was done according to:
http://avr-eclipse.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Debugging

avr-gdb version is 7.6.1 from within CrossPack-AVR-20131216

System is MacOS High Sierra 10.13.1

Thank you for any help.
Re: avr-gdb failed to launch [message #1777635 is a reply to message #1777616] Fri, 01 December 2017 07:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
This is not a Eclipse project so I'm not sure anyone here can help with that.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: avr-gdb failed to launch [message #1777653 is a reply to message #1777635] Fri, 01 December 2017 09:38 Go to previous message
Kurt Feusi is currently offline Kurt FeusiFriend
Thank you Ed,
I have now posted the question in source forge in the avr plugin discussion section.
Previous Topic:Crosscompiler error - missing path ?
Next Topic:What does Google Crome proposed code blocking mean for Java EE Tomcat development
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 09:54:36 GMT 2024