Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Exexeutable file issues(Re: Problems executable file)
Exexeutable file issues [message #1777528] Thu, 30 November 2017 00:09 Go to next message
Ken Kloster is currently offline Ken KlosterFriend
First, I am very new to Elipse. I am using Elipse Oxygen for C++

I (think) I have correctly installed and have Elipse running.

I have generated a very simple C++ program and it compiles without any problems and appears to run in the debugger mode as expected. The code generated is as follows:

[code]
#include <iostream>
#include <stdio.h>

using namespace std;

int main() {
int i = 0;
cout << "!!!Hello World!!!" ;
cout << "!!!Hello World!!!" << endl;
cout << "i = "; cout << i << endl;
i = 2;
cout << "i = ";cout << i << endl;
return (0);
}
[code]

I found the executable file "Hello.exe" in the Hello\Debug" directory.

When I try to run the file in Windows command window, I get a failure stating that:
The application fails to start because "libgcc_s_dw2_1.dll" was not found.

I did a search of my computer looking for the "DLL" file and I could not find it. Why is the executable file looking for it??

Something I noticed somewhere was a reference to a "RELEASE" directory in the project directory. I forgot where I saw it but it is not on any of my projects. How do you get the program to generate one of those??

What am I missing??

Shouldn't the "Hello.exe" file program run??

Is there a step I am missing in generating an executable file??

Ken

Re: Exexeutable file issues [message #1777591 is a reply to message #1777528] Thu, 30 November 2017 15:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Doug Schaefer is currently offline Doug SchaeferFriend
That looks like mingw. When you run it you need the mingw bin directory (where that file resides) in you PATH.
Re: Exexeutable file issues [message #1777612 is a reply to message #1777591] Thu, 30 November 2017 18:19 Go to previous message
Ken Kloster is currently offline Ken KlosterFriend
Found it.

I searched both of my hard drives again and found the file "libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll" in a Gimp directory. Gimp is a graphical software used to generate XMP files.

I copied it to the executable director and reran Hello.exe from the command line again. The program back and complained about another missing .dll file. I went and found the missing .dll file and copied to the Hello directory and ran Hello again. After three attempts, the Hello.exe program ran.

As for the problem of getting the Elipse program to generate a Release program file, I found that if I right clicked on Program I found thatr in the C/C++Build section under configuration, I could set it up to generate a RELEASE version of the program.

Thanks for your help.

Ken
Previous Topic:When .project is changed, how do I update the makefile on CLI ?
Next Topic:debug with Cygwin fails
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 08:51:31 GMT 2024