Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Eclipse Oxygen crashes when trying to create Liferay Workspace or Module(Oxygen, Liferay IDE, Liferay Module, Liferay Workspace)
Eclipse Oxygen crashes when trying to create Liferay Workspace or Module [message #1777140] Fri, 24 November 2017 21:40 Go to next message
Savvas Yiannopoulos is currently offline Savvas YiannopoulosFriend
Hello,
I am trying to create a Liferay Workspace on Eclipse Oxygen but Eclipse keeps crashing. I started working with the official Liferay tutorial, which can be found on their site under Developing a Web Application.

When I check the Download Liferay Bundle checkbox to automatically download and unzip a Liferay Portal instance in my workspace, Eclipse crashes. I tried downloading the bundle manualy by using the terminal and it worked.

I ignored the problem and I tried the next chapter on the tutorial, which is the creation of a Liferay Module Project, but the moment I fill in the information about the module and press next, Eclipse crashes again.

So, bottom line: Checking the Download Liferay Bundle checkbox and clicking on Next for a Liferay Module creation causes Eclipse to crash.

I am using Linux Mint 18.2 and Eclipse Java EE IDE for Web Developers - Oxygen.1a Release (4.7.1a),

Re: Eclipse Oxygen crashes when trying to create Liferay Workspace or Module [message #1777159 is a reply to message #1777140] Sat, 25 November 2017 09:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
What does "crash" mean? Liferay is not an Eclipse project, so likely they have their own forum where you should ask this question.
Re: Eclipse Oxygen crashes when trying to create Liferay Workspace or Module [message #1777167 is a reply to message #1777159] Sat, 25 November 2017 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Savvas Yiannopoulos is currently offline Savvas YiannopoulosFriend
Hey Ed,
thank you for the response.

Crash means that the program stops functioning properly and exits. I do know that Liferay is not an Eclipse project, and thus I have already asked on the Liferay forum, but as it seems it may not be a Liferay problem but an Eclipse one and that is the reason I am also asking here.

Did you encounter any similar problems with Oxygen or Neon? I installed Luna today and tried to create the Liferay Workspace and it did not crash.
Re: Eclipse Oxygen crashes when trying to create Liferay Workspace or Module [message #1777169 is a reply to message #1777167] Sat, 25 November 2017 14:42 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
It sounds like the JVM crashed, so perhaps updating your Java version will help. But no, I don't generally experience JVM crashes with any of the versions of Eclipse.
Previous Topic:Upgradation BIRT 2.5 version to BIRT 4.6 version
Next Topic:Automatic save - how to disable
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Dec 14 08:20:51 GMT 2017