Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Q / Set up / Dynamic Web Development / AngularJS(Q on how to set up Eclipse so that an AngularJS Application can be developed.)
Q / Set up / Dynamic Web Development / AngularJS [message #1776844] Wed, 22 November 2017 08:47
Markus Alpers is currently offline Markus AlpersFriend
Hello everyone,

I want to develop AngularJS in Eclipse. Currently I am stuck with warnings like "undefined attribute name (ng-app)". My system is a Windows 10 x64 with the most current updates, same goes for the JRE/JDK and Eclipse Oxygen.

Probably important: I actually want to start working with AngularJS not Angular.

Previous development: Before I only developed Java SE in Eclipse Oxygen but I am aware that I will need to set up a server (node.js or Apache) and/or a runtime environment to actually start an AngularJS application on my system.

So I installed the AngularJS add-on via Marketplace, created a new static web project and configured it as an AngularJS project. While autocomplete did offer AngularJS-properties (e.g. ng-app), the Editor showed the mentioned warnings.

So next I checked the getting started section of the add-on https://github.com/angelozerr/angularjs-eclipse/wiki/Getting-Started where Preferences -> Tern is mentioned that is used to "connect" a node.js installation. Well "Tern" does not appear in my installation. So I stopped Eclipse, installed node.js, restarted the system and found that still there was no Preferences -> Tern entry.

Now in the description the AngularJS plug-in/add-on the WTP is mentioned. So I thought that maybe I would need Eclipse WTP to be able to actually start developing. So next I installed an individual Eclipse for Java EE (which contains WTP) in a directory of its own and installed the AngularJS add-on. After a restart the warnings remained. (Well there's still no Preferences -> Tern entry...)

So I downloaded an Apache Server (v9) manually, extracted the archive, added it as a server via Windows -> Preferences -> Server -> Runtime Environment. Well this didn't help either.

Now I'm feeling rather stuck. So before I keep on trying to find a solution on my own does anyone of you have a hint of how to get started with developing AngularJS on Eclipse?

Best regards,
Markus

The code snippet that I'm using is this (from angularjs(dot)org ):
<!doctype html>
<html ng-app>
<head>
<script (had to delete this part because it contains a link and this is my first post on the eclipse forums)></script>
</head>
<body>
<div>
<label>Name:</label>
<input type="text" ng-model="yourName" placeholder="Enter a name here">
<hr>
<h1>Hello {{yourName}}!</h1>
</div>
</body>
</html>
Previous Topic:Question on backwards compatibility of eclipse 4.x
Next Topic:Cannot open CVS Repository Exploration perspective