Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » associating nature to a remote system project
associating nature to a remote system project [message #1776808] Tue, 21 November 2017 19:56
Krishna Singi is currently offline Krishna SingiFriend
I have a project residing on a linux server which I would like to access through Eclipse (Oxygen) running on my mac. I followed instructions to create a remote system project and was able to get access to the source code within the IDE.

However, the project that I have under my project explorer doesnt seem to be associated with a type - which I would like to set to C. I am trying to edit and navigate the files (jumping between symbol definitions, etc.) using the IDE but not necessarily build.

1. Is my method of creating the project correct here?
2. What should be done to associate a C nature to this project to be able to build the index database?

I have tried the Convert to C/C++ project option to the project but unable the indexer is unable to resolve any symbols within the workspace.
Once i select this option, an action konwn as searching for binaries starts and goes on forever (does not end). Upon cancelling this action, the indexer simply completes without resolving any symbols.

Previous Topic:Can't link libraries with visual studio's tool chain
Next Topic:ERR ABOUT Gnu tools arm embedded
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 00:32:44 GMT 2024